UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am currently unable to get any Autogas/LPG into my 2020 Dacia Duster Bi-Fuel. I have tried 3 different forecourt pumps and nothing is getting past the Filler none return valve on the car filling adaptor. Has anyone else had this issue. It is booked in for repair under warranty shortly. The factory fitted valve is a cheap , Landi Renzo, AT08, 67R-013868. It seems strange to have a sprung none return valve " frozen" in the closed position.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi,

I had this from new. Couldn't get any fuel in and the LED's for the LPG were not lit up.

I'd been told (by the dealership) the car was delivered with no LPG from the factory.

The car went back and forth to the dealership as the dealership tried to put LPG in the tank.

Nothing worked and they were ready to order a new tank valve.

BUT THEN...

I took the car to a different dealership, who quickly determined that the tank was actually full of LPG. They then pressed a (slightly hidden) manual overide switch and the car instantly went from running on petrol - to running on LPG.

The LPG LED's also now lit up, showing that the LPG tank was full and had been since before I ever bought the car.

So that's why I couldn't get any LPG into the tank from new!

That manual override switch is something the dealership are supposed to set correctly BEFORE delivery to the customer.

Just like they are supposed to do the 8Gb update for the Media BEFORE delivery to the customer.

Just like they are supposed to sort out the doorpaint after you show them the doorpaint has worn off - 3 months after buying the car from new.

Just like they are supposed to give you a courtesy car with enough fuel to get you home and back - instead of running out of fuel after 3 miles whilst on the M25 in the rush hour.

I would name this dealership but we're still discussing the situation and they have begged me not to tell Dacia HQ until the dealership have had a chance to make things right.

Sorry to digress, and I dont know if this tale will help you figure out why you can't get any LPG into your car but I hope it helps!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I am currently unable to get any Autogas/LPG into my 2020 Dacia Duster Bi-Fuel. I have tried 3 different forecourt pumps and nothing is getting past the Filler none return valve on the car filling adaptor. Has anyone else had this issue. It is booked in for repair under warranty shortly. The factory fitted valve is a cheap , Landi Renzo, AT08, 67R-013868. It seems strange to have a sprung none return valve " frozen" in the closed position.

Hi , i am currently having the same issue, i've had my duster 11 months and have used LPG alot.. this is the second time its locked up on me so off to the dealer now! hopefully this is not going to develop into a common issue!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Update: Took it to dealer today and they tried to fob me off by saying all parameters were good! But they didn’t try filling it!!!! I told them i have 20000 miles in it and around 15000 were while using lpg so I know when it’s not right!! They have said they will contact Dacia on Monday, so we will see. I believe part of the issue is UK dealerships have very little experience with LPG vehicles. This is my second Duster i was extremely happy with my first one but the issue with this one is starting to take the shine off Dacia Duster 😠😠

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a similar problem - sometimes it works & other times it doesn't.
My assumption is that certain LPG points have enough pressure to force the gas in while others don't.
Could it be the adapter?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a similar problem - sometimes it works & other times it doesn't.
My assumption is that certain LPG points have enough pressure to force the gas in while others don't.
Could it be the adapter?
My Duster is currently at the dealership they are replacing the filler port, hopefully I’ll get it back tomorrow afternoon and it will be sorted. I think the biggest problem has been lack of experience with LPG systems by Dacia dealers, they know very little about it and don’t seem to have had any training.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I did some investigation today after a failed attempt at getting any LPG in my tank.
I removed the adaptor & used the blunt end of a biro pen & used it to push down on the ball bearing. This released a burst of gas & loosened the seal.
When I tried to put LPG in straight after doing this it worked.
So maybe when I've had problems before it's the valve sticking.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I did some investigation today after a failed attempt at getting any LPG in my tank.
I removed the adaptor & used the blunt end of a biro pen & used it to push down on the ball bearing. This released a burst of gas & loosened the seal.
When I tried to put LPG in straight after doing this it worked.
So maybe when I've had problems before it's the valve sticking.
I had exactly the same issue then it done it again, that’s why I decided to have dealership do it while it’s still under warranty hopefully they will replace the valve with one of better quality

·
Registered
2 Posts
Same thing here with my Duster, filled once, ok second time only pressurized the filling line, then tried again, some weeks later, filled ok, this morning it failed to fill, same problem. 'Local' dealer 50 miles away cannot service / repair LPG dacia's needs to go either 100 -120 miles for repairs. As there is no gas in the tank, or very little as it has switched over to petrol, I will try to 'nudge' the ball bearing, which might just free off the seal as mentioned in a previous post.

·
Registered
5 Posts
As an update, the dealership had my duster for 3 days and ended up replacing the filler valve. So far there has been no more issues with this. I think that the original filling valve must have been poor quality and the fact that most dealerships have little to no experience dealing with lpg problems has magnified the issue. Hopefully Dacia is starting to reach out to the dealerships to make them aware of this problem.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Same thing here with my Duster, filled once, ok second time only pressurized the filling line, then tried again, some weeks later, filled ok, this morning it failed to fill, same problem. 'Local' dealer 50 miles away cannot service / repair LPG dacia's needs to go either 100 -120 miles for repairs. As there is no gas in the tank, or very little as it has switched over to petrol, I will try to 'nudge' the ball bearing, which might just free off the seal as mentioned in a previous post.
Update- tried to push the ball bearing, it was stuck solid, there was no way the pressure in the LPG filling line could open this valve. Gave it a seriously hard push, it moved back and has stayed there, now stuck open !.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts