UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have a Duster -14 diesel. I have huge problems with cold starting.

Today It started perfect but after 5-10 sec it stops. Then it don start again.

Help please

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

·
Registered
985 Posts
Hi,

I have a Duster -14 diesel. I have huge problems with cold starting.

Today It started perfect but after 5-10 sec it stops. Then it don start again.

Help please

Silly question, but as you are in Southern Sweden is your diesel winterised? It sounds like a fuel filter issue, could the diesel be waxing? Do you have a pre heater fitted?

·
amazing, just amazing!
2,926 Posts
Not often had temperatures that cold but way back. when it was really cold I used to cycle the glow plugs twice before starting, it helped.

widu13 has a good point about your fuel thickening in the freezing temperature, this has been a problem since diesel was invented.

·
Registered
985 Posts
Not often had temperatures that cold but way back. when it was really cold I used to cycle the glow plugs twice before starting, it helped.

widu13 has a good point about your fuel thickening in the freezing temperature, this has been a problem since diesel was invented.
He's not much further North than you Troute. I'm wondering whether some fuel has been imported from even further south and it hasn't had the correct additives for his climate.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hhank you for all answers. Recording to Swedish petrol stations we dont ha have winterdiesel except from the northern parts. But ordinary diesel should be fine down to -30.

I filled the car with new diesel and added a bottle additive. It is -19 out and the car started perfect. Will see if it starts tomorrow morning...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts