UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi, I'm not sure this is the right place to post this but i'm having a fue issues with the dacia sandero i purchased in april this year, when i first start the car its quite hard to not stall, after around 1 minute of driving, generally after chaning gear (normally into 3,4,5) the car loses nearly all of its power, you can press your foot fully down on the accellerator and nothing happens, within a second of so all is back to normal and this does not normally happen again in that journey. If the car is stopped however and then started again the same thing happens. also some times when starting and sometimes just before the loss of power the rev counter needle will move up and down without any chaning in the accelerator possition. When i first got the car and noticed this i took it back to dacia, they said it was the engine bedding in and to give it some time. The problem is now less frequent (once per engine start) but is still there. I have tried different fuels (95,98, shell bp tesco...) to no avail. I'm just wondering if anyone else is having the same issue and if anyone can shed any light on whats causing the issue (sandero ambiance 1.2 16v 74hp petrol 5500 miles) Thanks.

·
Registered
398 Posts
'Engine Bedding In' what a load of twaddle. Take it back it sounds like the engine management system is faulty, maybe fitted by VW.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Hi, I'm not sure this is the right place to post this but i'm having a fue issues with the dacia sandero i purchased in april this year, when i first start the car its quite hard to not stall, after around 1 minute of driving, generally after chaning gear (normally into 3,4,5) the car loses nearly all of its power, you can press your foot fully down on the accellerator and nothing happens, within a second of so all is back to normal and this does not normally happen again in that journey. If the car is stopped however and then started again the same thing happens. also some times when starting and sometimes just before the loss of power the rev counter needle will move up and down without any chaning in the accelerator possition. When i first got the car and noticed this i took it back to dacia, they said it was the engine bedding in and to give it some time. The problem is now less frequent (once per engine start) but is still there. I have tried different fuels (95,98, shell bp tesco...) to no avail. I'm just wondering if anyone else is having the same issue and if anyone can shed any light on whats causing the issue (sandero ambiance 1.2 16v 74hp petrol 5500 miles) Thanks.
Yeah this is a take it to a Renault Dacia garage problem, this is something that should be fixed under warranty, just remember that Dacia will sanction any Dacia Dealer not just the one you bought it from, take it to another dealer, they will get paid for any fix under warranty.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Extensive forum research has found the following options are the most popular:

Solution 1: Take it back to dealer

Solution 2: Fix it yourself

Solution 3: Troll on facebook, just because

Solution 4: Ignore it and hope it goes away

Solution 5: Trade it in for something else in the hope that its somehow going to be more reliable/better.

Solution 6: Post negative reviews on car review sites in the hope that somehow pressures Dacia into buying you a brand new Mercedes Benz

Solution 7: Hark back to your previous car, which was somehow more reliable and lasted a good 25 years even though it was a case of Triggers Broom.

Solution 8: Put some decals on the side, it might not fix the problem but it will look cool as you stall the car.

Solution 9: Search for rust, post about it.

Solution 10: Take the long route round, contact Dacia Customer services rather than the dealer.

Solution 11: Sulk.

Solution 12: Call the police, its got to be illegal them selling me this unsafe stalling car.

Solution 13: Call the FBI, they surely have jurisdiction if you can believe American TV, they will get Dacia to give me a brand spanking new replacement car.

Solution 14: Bunny hop down the road to the next Dacia Meet Up and hope someone there can fix it.

·
Registered
398 Posts
OOOoooo mr flibble you are being flippant.

You could always make a video of how the car performs (stalls and all) and show it to the dealer when you take the car in as you can guarantee that when they test it it will perform faultlessly.

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Anyone else feel this forum is turning nasty

Casper asked a simple question and the next minute he's akin to a troll on facebook. This blinkered fan boy approach will deter new members.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Sounds to me like it's coil/ plug/ injector related. Do you get any warning lights flickering on? Did the dealership read for any fault codes or just palm you off? Either way,I would take it back and demand they look at it properly.

·
Registered
2,808 Posts
That's a fault no question about it.

Take it back to the dealer and tell them you want it fixed... There is no such thing as bedding in that's a load of bull crap. There should be no loss of power like you are experiencing with your car.

·
Registered
2,808 Posts
That's a fault no question about it.

Take it back to the dealer and tell them you want it fixed... There is no such thing as bedding in that's a load of bull crap. There should be no loss of power like you are experiencing with your car.
** The Manufacturer does not class loss of power or a ignition issue as a bedding in process **

This is clearly described in your owner manual that came with your car, I would be asking the dealer to justify what he terms as bedding in as what he has told you clearly contradicts how the manufacture deems any power loss.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Ok so I took the car to Harratts (the Evans Halshaw I bought it from is no longer a Dacia franchise) as I've only just had any time, the car now also has a metallic rattle underneath it and a fault with the fuel gauge as well (showing empty when half full) , got a report from the mechanic saying what had been done. First of all the Front Shock Absorbers have been replaced (to fix the rattle) as they have "excessive free play" due to an internal valve issue. This has made the steering feel better but doesn't seem to have done much for the rattle. The "Engine Adaptives" have been reset to try to solve the power loss. The instrument panel has been reinitialised to try to solve the fuel gauge issue. I noticed immediately that the car felt 'new' when I drove it away and I thought that was it and the issues had been solved, the rattling was still there a little but I could deal with that the car had lots of power and seemed to be running well. Today, Saturday unfortunately it drives awfully again, no power, feels like it will stall at lights and when pulling off, the dashboard rattles when pulling off and the handbrake light now flashes on and off sometimes when stopped in traffic. Could someone please enlighten me as to what the engine adaptives being reset entails as it seems to have cured the problems but only temporarily. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,808 Posts
Ok so I took the car to Harratts (the Evans Halshaw I bought it from is no longer a Dacia franchise) as I've only just had any time, the car now also has a metallic rattle underneath it and a fault with the fuel gauge as well (showing empty when half full) , got a report from the mechanic saying what had been done. First of all the Front Shock Absorbers have been replaced (to fix the rattle) as they have "excessive free play" due to an internal valve issue. This has made the steering feel better but doesn't seem to have done much for the rattle. The "Engine Adaptives" have been reset to try to solve the power loss. The instrument panel has been reinitialised to try to solve the fuel gauge issue. I noticed immediately that the car felt 'new' when I drove it away and I thought that was it and the issues had been solved, the rattling was still there a little but I could deal with that the car had lots of power and seemed to be running well. Today, Saturday unfortunately it drives awfully again, no power, feels like it will stall at lights and when pulling off, the dashboard rattles when pulling off and the handbrake light now flashes on and off sometimes when stopped in traffic. Could someone please enlighten me as to what the engine adaptives being reset entails as it seems to have cured the problems but only temporarily. Thanks.
I think that Its just their confusing way to explain they have plugged it into the computer and reprogrammed the engine management system.
If the car still has problems take it back to the garage..

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Ok, so I have now had four seperate faults (front suspension, Handbrake Switch Light, Boot Lock and Faulty Fuel Gauge) along with the ongoing engine problem (which they still cannot even replicate let alone fix) I live in Leeds and bought my car from Evans Halshaw 5 mins from where i work, this has now lost the dacia/renualt franchise *not suprisingly* and i have a 30 mile round trip to the nearest dealer (Harrats Wakefield) to which I am going again this Monday (to replace the boot lock as they didnt have it in stock last time i was there) and also to leave the car with them for another two days to no doubt find out that that they cannot replicate the engine fault. This will be the fourth/fifth (I've lost count) time I have taken the car in for this fault in the 10 months (10,000miles) I have owned it, I am having to take time off work to take the car in and would really like to know where I stand with asking for them to replace the car as I really like the car but don't trust it and wonder if the engine fault will ever be resolved, there have been two seperate occasions where the engine has just cut out completely luckily when both have happened when parked. It seems sometimes the car is fine to drive and sometimes its very difficult trying not to stall (revs drop to 500rpm and vibrations can be felt) and waiting for the loss of power to return, I drive lots of different vehicles with work and know that this is not at all normal. Which is the ombudsman service that covers cars? Thank you.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Sounds to me like fuel starvation. I once had that on a ford taurus after changing the fuel tank and having to modify the fuel gauge sender unit mounting. Some iron filings had gotten into the fuel tank and were being sucked up to the fuel inlet which had a fine filter on it. It would eventually block and cause the car to stall or run rough which in turn let some of the iron filings fall away and it would recover. Took the fuel tank off and rinsed it out and all was well.

Of course there are many thing that can cause fuel starvation:-

Faulty fuel pump

Fuel filter problems

Crimped or nipped fuel pipe.

Air filter problem

Air valve problem (sticking)

·
Registered
55 Posts
Ok, so I have now had four seperate faults (front suspension, Handbrake Switch Light, Boot Lock and Faulty Fuel Gauge) along with the ongoing engine problem (which they still cannot even replicate let alone fix) I live in Leeds and bought my car from Evans Halshaw 5 mins from where i work, this has now lost the dacia/renualt franchise *not suprisingly* and i have a 30 mile round trip to the nearest dealer (Harrats Wakefield) to which I am going again this Monday (to replace the boot lock as they didnt have it in stock last time i was there) and also to leave the car with them for another two days to no doubt find out that that they cannot replicate the engine fault. This will be the fourth/fifth (I've lost count) time I have taken the car in for this fault in the 10 months (10,000miles) I have owned it, I am having to take time off work to take the car in and would really like to know where I stand with asking for them to replace the car as I really like the car but don't trust it and wonder if the engine fault will ever be resolved, there have been two seperate occasions where the engine has just cut out completely luckily when both have happened when parked. It seems sometimes the car is fine to drive and sometimes its very difficult trying not to stall (revs drop to 500rpm and vibrations can be felt) and waiting for the loss of power to return, I drive lots of different vehicles with work and know that this is not at all normal. Which is the ombudsman service that covers cars? Thank you.
It might be worth checking out consumer action group forum. Just like some of the rusty duster owners, you might need to look at the rejection process. With the faults you have you probably have a strong case. Look at the rusty duster thread for some ideas about this. Read everything and make sure you have your timeline secure (what went wrong and when).

1 - 20 of 24 Posts