UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Coming home from collecting the kids from the inaws yesterday, just caught the ends of a fallen branch that had dropped on the side of the road.
I'd forgotten all about it until one of my work colleagues asked how I'd collected the scratch, so upon inspection said scratch runs the entire length of the near side and in some places is down to the base coat.

So this evening gave the car a quick clean and managed to polish out most of it but some still remains grrrr, it'd have been not so bad but it's only got 5k on the clock.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Royale, It looked like it'd been keyed when i first set eyes on it. Had a OMG moment!

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Oh no, the entire length of the nearside, I would say you could touch it in, but you'd be there for a week...
I'm always catching branches and stuff, unavoidable on some of my routes, I'd never have thought they would scratch paint off, suppose it'll be an insurance job, hope you get it put right soon.
The problem is most people wouldn't notice the scratch, but the car owner would see the smallest of scuffs from the other end of the world.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oh no, the entire length of the nearside, I would say you could touch it in, but you'd be there for a week...
I'm always catching branches and stuff, unavoidable on some of my routes, I'd never have thought they would scratch paint off, suppose it'll be an insurance job, hope you get it put right soon.
The problem is most people wouldn't notice the scratch, but the car owner would see the smallest of scuffs from the other end of the world.
Your dead right about being able to see it from the other end of the world. I could get it sorted out but it's not an insurance job, to be honest I'm going to try and live with it. Damn it'll bug the hell outta me........

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Your dead right about being able to see it from the other end of the world. I could get it sorted out but it's not an insurance job, to be honest I'm going to try and live with it. Damn it'll bug the hell outta me........
It would me too, I'd probably spend a full night dotting it back in with a folded piece of paper.. Then realise it's taken me 8 hours and I've only done half the front wing.
You could try those chips away companies, but beware one of the company cars got repaired about 3 years ago, then when the rep had it valeted alot of the bits they repaired came out in one piece!
If it's not down to bare metal I guess it'll be ok, it'll drive you crackers in the long run though.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I did buy this car with kids and ultimate practicality in mind, so accepting it will get a few knocks is a must. Wish the brand new feeling had lasted longer though.

·
amazing, just amazing!
2,926 Posts
Try T-cut colour restore on the bits that aren't too deep, I had a long scratch on my old car that I managed to 'mellow out' that way.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
I did buy this car with kids and ultimate practicality in mind, so accepting it will get a few knocks is a must. Wish the brand new feeling had lasted longer though.
true, the white on mine is paticularly soft, but it does make it easier to repair with polishing, I've only used the collinite on it which is not a polilsh, but if paired with a 100% cotton cloth it does buff better, and my sills particularly, especially the back ones where badly scuffed from the kids, polishing did remove. that's a good call with the t cut, a blast from the past, magic paste :-D
Could have been worse, I've had a set of ladders fall off the wall down the side of mine a few weeks back... They got caught on the wing mirror on the way down!

·
Registered
228 Posts
true, the white on mine is paticularly soft, but it does make it easier to repair with polishing, I've only used the collinite on it which is not a polilsh, but if paired with a 100% cotton cloth it does buff better, and my sills particularly, especially the back ones where badly scuffed from the kids, polishing did remove. that's a good call with the t cut, a blast from the past, magic paste :-D
Could have been worse, I've had a set of ladders fall off the wall down the side of mine a few weeks back... They got caught on the wing mirror on the way down!
OMG. Could you imagine the damage if the ladders had caught the bodywork!!!!

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
I blame it on the coat hanging off one end, like the straw that broke the camels back, thankfully the dent was dull, and I managed to pop it out with a hairdryer to heat it up and a plunger, the missing paint was a nightmare in itself... Still not quite right.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I blame it on the coat hanging off one end, like the straw that broke the camels back, thankfully the dent was dull, and I managed to pop it out with a hairdryer to heat it up and a plunger, the missing paint was a nightmare in itself... Still not quite right.
At least you managed to ease the pain, but still it quite literally and metaphorically takes the shine off the car ????

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
At least you managed to ease the pain, but still it quite literally and metaphorically takes the shine off the car ????
Yeh, I must admit I aim that side of the car at offending things now, I park it nearer other cars, and point it at where the trolleys from work are liable to hit it, no ones hit the logan yet incidentally, but my last car would often be found with one wheeled into a part of it.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts