UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Laureate trim comes with rear parking sensors as standard. yet it seems that you can still order the protection pack (rear parking sensors,boot liner and alarm ) - seems a little odd?

·
Premium Member
1,199 Posts
Is it at a discounted price, to take into account that it's already fitted?

Doesn't make sense, like you say!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
seems to be the same price as far as I can see - perhaps going 'a la carte' is a better option for the alarm and boot liner....

·
Registered
178 Posts
Got an official brochure over the weekend and can confirm only the touring pack is avaivable for Stepway which contains "alarm, front central armrest, Transversal roof bars and boot luggage net".

The protection pack is only available on the Sandero so not getting double ripped off for a reverse sensor but don't see how they are trying to charge extra £170 for Stepway touring pack which only actual extra is the alarm - Dacia you do the maths

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hi everyone, have just signed on to this forum. Have been researching the Stepway and will be placing an order this weekend. When I first started enquiring our local dealer only had a brochure for the Sandero and I noticed that in there you had the option to purchase the central armrest (£90) on its own rather than as a package. I have no need for the other items in the touring package and therefore do no want to pay £450. Does anyone know if the armrest can be added singularly for £90?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Has anyones local dealer been able to advise whether the rear parking sensors will just be an audible sound to warn when getting too close to a rear obstacle or will there be a visual guide showing on the media nav screen. My local guy was not able to answer this question.

·
Nurse Juju
1,342 Posts
Went to a dealer yesterday and it seems the Stepway's Touring pack (rear parking sensors, boot liner and alarm ) has been amended to just include: Front central arm rest, boot luggage net, transversal roof bas and monitor carpet mats - front and rear. Costing £245.00.

·
Registered
346 Posts
No visual guide god I know Dacias' are reasonably priced cars but lets be reasonable.

Has anyones local dealer been able to advise whether the rear parking sensors will just be an audible sound to warn when getting too close to a rear obstacle or will there be a visual guide showing on the media nav screen. My local guy was not able to answer this question.

·
Registered
31 Posts
On the Duster there is a digital readout above the rear view mirror, Product Hood Automotive design Vehicle Automotive exterior

Attachments

·
Registered
31 Posts
Did it come from the factory with that display? It looks an after thought to me..............
All the cars I've had recently have had just an audible warning and I've never felt the need for anything more tbh
Yes that's factory fitted as part of the protection pack on the Dusters

·
Registered
52 Posts
We were also pleasantly surprised to see the the Visual display for the parking sensors, it does look a little aftermarket as thats exactly what it is, The cars are shipped into the uk and options are fitted at the import centre, with the exception of ESC which is the only 'factory' option.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I see the mats are part of Dacia's 'Protection Pack'. Am I being naive???? New car --- comes with car mats??? Anyone --- no, no?...

·
Registered
109 Posts
No car mats??? Ah, is that how they manage to keep them more affordable lol??? :rolleyes:
No cars come with them as standard. Dealers will often throw them in to get a sale. My last two cars a Citroen and a ford both wanted £40+ for a set of mats :angry:

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

·
Registered
11 Posts
Ha! Having never been able to afford a new car --- never would have guessed?? Looks like I'll have to sweet talk my dealer...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts