UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I signed up for a new Sandero Tce in Jan with protection pack, Alarm, Sensors and Boot liner for £430. I picked up my new Sandero 2 days ago with protection pack fitted er... Sensors Boot Liner and Mats (now £225) my dealer were not aware of the change and assured me that the alarm was fitted. I did not believe and pressed further, it appears that alarms were dropped from this pack 1 Mar, my car was finished 7 Mar so missed the cut off date...now trying to resolve the way forward.

Hence if you ordered a Sandero protection pack before 1 Mar, make sure you have an alarm installed when you pick it up...

·
Registered
178 Posts
You should have got what you ordered! If the cut off date was after your order then a gesture of goodwill or refund is due from the dealer!

Sounds like another lack of communication from Dacia.

Good luck and thanks for the info.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It appears the alarms were recalled on 27th Feb due to their being a problem with their certification:

http://www.vulnerabilityassessment.co.uk/alert1697.png refers

Alarm - 8201302697 is the one affected I believe, it looks like thats why the cost of the protection pack went down from £430 to £225.

I've had to have other extras in place of the alarm due to this due to my situation so its best to check if you have a Sandero Alarm fitted to see if there is an issue

·
Registered
12 Posts
My dealer contacted me to say that the alarm now wasn't fitted as part of the protection pack but an Immobiliser was fitted instead.

Has anyone any views on after market alarm systems? Fitting one may reduce the insurance premium.

·
Registered
21 Posts
merlotman...just drinking a bottle now btw, you also have to be wary of Dacia's warranty, you may have to get the dealer to install and ensure that your associated record - chassis/registration number at Dacia are aware you've had it fitted and by a dealer. It appear 15 cars were affected by the 1697 alert and each dealer should have been informed by Dacia and the dealer should have given the buyer a chance to change their package etc. or reduce the price.

My premium with ESure did not change btw with no alarm fitted

·
Registered
12 Posts
Thanks toggy, just about to uncork a bottle now...

I'll contact my dealer to see how much it will cost to install an alarm but I doubt it is cost effecive if there aren't huge savings on the insurance. I'll just use my steering wheel clamp. To be fair to the dealer they have reduced the cost of the protection pack.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Reference http://www.daciaforum.co.uk/topic/82-201210-dacia-sandero-brochure/ found that I have no Chrome round the instrument dials and no glove box light thanks to this forum for the heads up - only went to check due to this and low and behold not installed, now complained to garage especailly due to the other woes I have had with my new car above.

Have already been given new accessories to make up for the lack of alarm (price difference + goodwill - chose touring pack and mudflaps) now I find this is not as advertised....not as big of a drama as the alarm but you add them up it seems the UK side which puts on the extras to the base Access models to make them into Ambience/ Laure.. has messing up again. Hopefully this is simple to fix and will be done next thursday when the dealership adds the other accessories.

·
Registered
21 Posts
My dealer sent a non-conformance firm to Dacia reference the chrome and glove box light, there expecting to get authority to rectify but its taken 5 days to get to this stage. Apparently dacia dealers not allowed to speak to import centre direct and have to use email and await a response. Shoddy support all round but I hope this helps someone in this situation and you need to push to make things happen.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Thanks for the info toggy. I will give my Sandero Ambiance a complete check when I eventually pick it up and make sure it has all that it should!

·
Sandero Forum Moderator
319 Posts
Thanks for the info toggy. I will give my Sandero Ambiance a complete check when I eventually pick it up and make sure it has all that it should!
Unfortunately there is a disclaimer at the foot of the brochure stating that they have the right to change spec as and when they wish BLxxDY Typical eh my Laureate doesn't even have the Glove Box light

·
Registered
178 Posts
Unfortunately there is a disclaimer at the foot of the brochure stating that they have the right to change spec as and when they wish BLxxDY Typical eh my Laureate doesn't even have the Glove Box light
Yeah, just read that. Very crafty. What's next...Oh sorry but your new car no longer comes with an engine, specification has now changed!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Yeah, just read that. Very crafty. What's next...Oh sorry but your new car no longer comes with an engine, specification has now changed!
I think we need to be careful as to what is a specification change and what may be a "non compliance" issue. That is where cars of supposedly the same specification differ. This may be the case where changes on production line mean potential to mix access / ambience / laureatte parts. Easiest ways is to ask others on the forum whether they have same as you if not then its likely a non compliance as opposed to a specification change.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts