UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Having just ordered the Sandero, I've just realised it doesn't come with a spare. The reviews I have read re the repair kits do not fill me with confidence so have ordered a spare wheel (if ever the dealer decides to answer my emails). I just wondered what your thoughts are & if you also have bought a spare wheel.

·
Registered
3 Posts
The spare wheel was the only extra I allowed myself. Some of the potholes round where I live are quite bad, and a repair kit isn't going to help with the kind of damage they can inflict...

·
Registered
178 Posts
I have ordered a spare wheel for my Sandero Ambiance. I was hoping they still give you the puncture repair kit as well as it would have come with the car anyway.

Apparently they don't though unless anyway can confirm differently. It would come in handy especially as it comes with a 12v pump.

·
Registered
117 Posts
The spare wheel was the only extra I allowed myself. Some of the potholes round where I live are quite bad, and a repair kit isn't going to help with the kind of damage they can inflict...
Agreed -- I also ordered the spare wheel and paint as options. Having read some quite disturbing reviews and posts on other forums I think I have made the right choice.

Does anyone know if it is a full spare wheel and whether or not it comes with jack, brace, etc.? Forgot to ask when at dealer.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have ordered a spare wheel for my Sandero Ambiance. I was hoping they still give you the puncture repair kit as well as it would have come with the car anyway.

Apparently they don't though unless anyway can confirm differently. It would come in handy especially as it comes with a 12v pump.
I should imaging you will get both as the spare wheel can be ordered at a later date & can't imaging them taking the kit back then.

Agreed -- I also ordered the spare wheel and paint as options. Having read some quite disturbing reviews and posts on other forums I think I have made the right choice.

Does anyone know if it is a full spare wheel and whether or not it comes with jack, brace, etc.? Forgot to ask when at dealer.
I believe it is one of those narrow emergency wheels but must be easier than messing about with the kit especially if it's a large hole in the tyre. A mate of mine just bought a new Honda which had the kit, compressor, nut spanner & jack........Hope these are the same. Are you not supposed to take the wheel off the car if using the repair kit?

·
Registered
10 Posts
I picked up my Sandero diesel on Saturday (delighted with it so far,but thats another story ), and was pleased to find the optional spare wheel was full size and complete with jack and wheel brace. For £50 I think this is an option well worth having, as the tyre alone must be worth £50, and like others I've also heard the repair kits aren't up to much.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I picked up my Sandero diesel on Saturday (delighted with it so far,but thats another story ), and was pleased to find the optional spare wheel was full size and complete with jack and wheel brace. For £50 I think this is an option well worth having, as the tyre alone must be worth £50, and like others I've also heard the repair kits aren't up to much.
Having a standard size wheel as a spare is a bonus, did you also get the kit & compressor? Sorry for all the questions but does it also have a cigarette lighter as I have several devices that use one for charging purposes. Thanks

·
Registered
10 Posts
No kit & compressor as spare wheel replaces this. You will have no problem with your devices as what the handbook calls an "Accessory socket" is provided, though if you are a smoker you have to buy a cigarette lighter separately. (The accessory socket has a hinged plastic cover.)

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
If you are thinking of buying a Dacia, get the spare wheel at point of sale..........See my "BEWARE" thread.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hi Bigmally,

Would you believe I saw my Sandero Laureate yesterday just off transporter.
Been in motor trade most of my life and what I see of build quality and specification this motor is a snip at the price.
Renault power unit, Renault brake system, Renault parts galore, fair excited and looking forward to ownership.

Back to the point of spare wheels, I didn't bother but what I have (as I have fitted my own supply alloys (£250.) is 4 steel wheels , if you or anyone else want's ,carriage is only cost. Got a set of wheel trims too if anybody want's to offer a reasonable price.

Regards Barry

·
Registered
217 Posts
Having taken delivery of an Access Duster, I am so impressed and considering a Sandero or Stepway in ambience spec as a second car later this year. Does the present £50 spacesaver spare wheel deal come with a jack and wheel wrench?

·
Registered
10 Posts
I specified the optional spare wheel on my Sandero Ambiance diesel,and was pleased to find that it is a full size wheel and is complete with jack and wheel brace, all easily accessible from the boot.I believe the price has gone up to £95, but still a worthwhile option imo. Have had my Sandero for two weeks now, and so far am delighted with it.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Went to sign some paperwork yesterday, picking mine up on Wednesday...........Speakers & radio harness arrived today so perfect timing.

·
Registered
11 Posts
the extra £50 for a spare wheel is a Snip, to not order it is crazy, i took delivery of my Sandero 13/03/2013, and of course forgot to order the spare wheel,i new Continental tyre & £80 later, i realise what a crazy mistake i made, the tyre had a nail thru the centre, and because i had used the emergency kit, the tyre was deemed non-repairable.!! the compressor is good bit of kit though.

just bought a new steel wheel & budget tyre to use in the spare,mad or what.!!

·
Sandero Forum Moderator
319 Posts
the extra £50 for a spare wheel is a Snip, to not order it is crazy, i took delivery of my Sandero 13/03/2013, and of course forgot to order the spare wheel,i new Continental tyre & £80 later, i realise what a crazy mistake i made, the tyre had a nail thru the centre, and because i had used the emergency kit, the tyre was deemed non-repairable.!! the compressor is good bit of kit though.

just bought a new steel wheel & budget tyre to use in the spare,mad or what.!!
Agree

But you should have looked in the BUY & Sell section on here first.

I got mine without the Spare as well but not due to choice I cancelled my original order and went for a vehicle that the dealer just happened to have in stock that had come without the spare.

I have since put a set of Alloys on the car used 1 of the steel rims and put another tyre on it as a spare and as such I now have 3 rims for sale but no takers as yet.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts