UK Dacia Forum banner

Query re Sandero Stepway rear window

2K views 12 replies 5 participants last post by  Roger 
#1 ·
HI, I hope it is ok to post this on the forum. We hired a Dacia Sandero 0.9 Stepway while we were on holiday in Gran Canaria. The car was absolutely fine and we enjoyed using it. However, we are being charged for what the hire firm claims is 'damage' we caused.

I have attached the photo they sent to us claiming this is the 'damage' we caused. As you can see it was hidden under the rear passenger window seal!! Of course we didn't cause this 'damage' (how could you anyway?) and to me, it looks like part of bodywork design - as there are no scratches, rust etc? Can anyone tell us whether this is a common design with Dacias? Or, do you think is it damage that has been sustained previous to our hiring it?

I'd really appreciate any thoughts/feedback on this as I really don't know where to go to find out.

Many thanks for reading this.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 · (Edited by Moderator)
Did you not have insurance cover ?
ohmy.png

I've never been charged for any damage on main land Spain, for any "dinks" that appeared, over the past 30 years, usually in car parks. Somebody obviously swiped all across a door of car with a shopping trolley, on one hire car I had. I told then when I took it back, the comment I got from the company "don't worry about it, the insurance will cover it" I have always used the same company since !!
wink.png

#4 ·
Thanks for your replies. The damage was found under the rear window seal.

Sadly we have since found out that the company we hired from are well known for this sort of scam. We have hired cars with other companies in the Canaries before with no issues. Very aggrieved.

#6 · (Edited by Moderator)
To me, the photo shows the vertical door external window seal has been lifted up as you say.

What is underneath is the normal form of the door panel pressing - again, as you say.

It's a but rough under there but that is the design intent - it's usually hidden from sight.

I'm quite sure it is not a defect & no one should be claiming off of anyone else's insurance.

Instead, it does appear someone is being unscrupulous by claiming it is damage.

Below is a photo I quickly found of a stripped rear Sandeo door - you might find a better example if more time was taken - or, if you have a Dacia dealership nearby & you don't mind being a little unscrupulous yourself, why not pop down, lift the same seal & take a sneaky photo? I think you will find your photo will match theirs.

Good luck.

Attachments

#8 ·
Thank you Daedalus, Mr Sheen and HTP99 for your really informative replies! Just as I thought, it is a manufacturing issue.

HTP99, could you have a look for me (and take a pic if possible?) I'd be ever so grateful. Otherwise I will do as Mr Sheen suggests, go to a dealership to take some sneaky photos!

Thanks. Really appreciate it. They are not going to get away with this......!!!

#11 ·
Thank you Daedalus, Mr Sheen and HTP99 for your really informative replies! Just as I thought, it is a manufacturing issue.

HTP99, could you have a look for me (and take a pic if possible?) I'd be ever so grateful. Otherwise I will do as Mr Sheen suggests, go to a dealership to take some sneaky photos!

Thanks. Really appreciate it. They are not going to get away with this......!!!
How much are they wanting from you ? The price of a new door ?
rolleyes.gif

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.