UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This Mod is all the things in the title and IMHO improves the looks both front and rear. Get rid of the orange indicator bulbs and change them for silver.

Bulbs are available from eBay for not too much money and it's a real easy job to swap them.

The handbook suggests bulbs type as front PY21W and rear PY21W albeit some vehicles may have P21W in the rear. Mine had PY21W all round.

I'll up-date this with pics when I get back to Greece in early April but you can be assured of no more fried egg look from the inidcator lights.

·
Premium Member
1,199 Posts

·
Premium Member
886 Posts
Oh I don't know. A nice soft yoke'r in a roll is not too shabby........ Is that the time, I'm off for lunch now. Cheers for sorting out my lunch dilemma too

·
Registered
137 Posts
Oh I don't know. A nice soft yoke'r in a roll is not too shabby........ Is that the time, I'm off for lunch now. Cheers for sorting out my lunch dilemma too
HHMMM. LED bulbs & Chips eh.
Enjoy.

In all seriousness, LED's are definitely another option albeit more expensive. Only criteria really is they are not orange.

·
Premium Member
886 Posts
Back onto topic.
the 581 bulbs I linked to look white so no ugly orange blob on the lamp but light amber when in use. Perfect really, but yeah a bit more expensive.

·
Registered
268 Posts
I have been told that the Duster needs "Canbus Friendly" bulbs with fitted resistors. Is this true?

·
Premium Member
886 Posts
The indicator ones should be resistor type so the indicator relay doesn't flash too quickly but I can't see why it would need fancy canbus compatable side light/ brake bulbs etc as the car doesn't have a bulb failure warning system. I've swapped out sidelights and brake lights on my old Audi (pre audi's bulb failure warning system) with no problems.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Okay a quick shout out to people in the know ... As the Duster is laden with extras (not) ... De wife is wishing for cup holders (for coffee in the mornings) ...

So is there something we can fit ... Is there a single din insert or anything ...

Any suggestions will be gratefully accepted ;-)

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Bulbs are completely standard so no error messages, even if there was a place to give an error message.

2 cupholders in front of the gear lever on mine. One had the "ashtray" in it which now resides in the glovebox.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Okay a quick shout out to people in the know ... As the Duster is laden with extras (not) ... De wife is wishing for cup holders (for coffee in the mornings) ...

So is there something we can fit ... Is there a single din insert or anything ...

Any suggestions will be gratefully accepted ;-)
After perusing the Drivers manual I saw that the Ashtray can be swapped to either side and if not used the slots can be used as Drink holders ... so problem solved and no mod required, wife will be happy

So what can I use my spare Din for now as I hate blank dins and think they are fairly useless even for holding stuff ...

·
Registered
45 Posts
Yes there are two cup holders in front of the handbrake, but they are slightly under the dash, so you can't fit a very big cup in there. Also because of this you have to be careful when you tilt the cup to lift it out or else burnt fingers. (Had exactly the same problem in my previous car which was a Clio GT) There is also a hole at the rear of the handbrake, this states in the manual that it's large enough to fit a 1.5 litre bottle in it.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Im going to go with them silver coloured indicator bulbs, but wont order them from ebay until i get the Duster home and can check if the locating pins are offset or opposite each other.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

·
Registered
156 Posts
First job for me when I eventually get the car. Any idea what bulbs are required for the indicator side repeater on the wing?

·
Nurse Juju
1,342 Posts
Gentlemen and ladies (if there are any in here so far) is there a way of saving certain posts? Or threads? I don't think I'll remember where I can find some of the tips and suggestions I read on this forum when I eventually get my Stepway. This thread is one of the many threads I want to save. Thank you kindly in advance. :)

1 - 20 of 43 Posts