UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On the radio finger tip control device on the steering column. Noticed there is jog wheel behind the unit. This is not mentioned in the radio hand book. But apparently it performs the same action as "<<" and ">>" buttons on the main unit.

·
Registered
382 Posts
On the radio finger tip control device on the steering column. Noticed there is jog wheel behind the unit. This is not mentioned in the radio hand book. But apparently it performs the same action as "<<" and ">>" buttons on the main unit.
cheers..... I hadn't spotted that... just been out to the car to see what you meant. thanks

Sent from my KFOT using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
313 Posts
Its excellent when you have a USB stick with @ 2000 tracks, as you can scroll through and pick what you want quite quickly - The other option is by turning the large dial in the middle of the radio, once you have scrolled down on the function button - Not very easy if you are driving!! You can also then click the jog wheel to select the track. It works nicely for radio tuning as well.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Well spotted OOB. I would never have found that, comes in really handy.

I think the radio is ok, the only thing I can't get to grips with is the volume on the unit itself. I keep turning the dial to adjust the volume. Of course that retunes the radio.

I think the volume control and radio tuning should be the other way round!

·
Registered
382 Posts
Well spotted OOB. I would never have found that, comes in really handy.

I think the radio is ok, the only thing I can't get to grips with is the volume on the unit itself. I keep turning the dial to adjust the volume. Of course that retunes the radio.

I think the volume control and radio tuning should be the other way round!
Mrs S does the same....

·
Registered
313 Posts
I tried to turn the volume down a couple of notches one day, on the stalk, and it just muted the track.... Never been able to do this again? Anyone found how to just mute when needed on the stalk? I don't use the Bluetooth app so the phone button doesn't do this for me.

·
Registered
268 Posts
I tried to turn the volume down a couple of notches one day, on the stalk, and it just muted the track.... Never been able to do this again? Anyone found how to just mute when needed on the stalk? I don't use the Bluetooth app so the phone button doesn't do this for me.
Press both vol/up and vol/down at the same time. ;)

You probably inadvertantly did this the first time. B)

Reactions: antavi

·
Registered
313 Posts
Press both vol/up and vol/down at the same time. ;)

You probably inadvertantly did this the first time. B)
Probably - Gollum is in having the new wing now, {{SHUDDERS}} so will try this when I get him back!

Muchas Gracias

·
Premium Member
1,374 Posts
I'm sure Dacia miss stuff out of their manuals to keep us amused! Frankly, I'd never have found the scroll button behind the column control pad. However, probably won't use latter much as I find Radio 4 (quite to my recent surprise) to be my station of choice unless it's 19:00 hrs when it's the Archers I seem to recall - I'm no longer sure as turning off at 18:59 is now automatic! Since I'm rarely driving late at night, no point in searching for another station - D&B just doesn't get aired on day-time radio this part of the world.

What I did find is that my mob' battery is drained pretty quick if bluetooth connection to radio is activated. I also find is that the transfer of phone contacts to the radio seems to be a temporary thing - silly me to think it might have a 'permament memory'. Plus I can't make the radio make a telephone call via the radio interface (no biggy as tel' number selection is v clunky), but I can connect to incoming calls with my mob' connected via bluetooth. (Mob = Blackberry.)

Finally, there will be much more missing from my Dacia 'Utilization Handbook' soon cos the pages are already falling out! :(

·
Registered
153 Posts
Clocked the scroll wheel in the manual before I even drove my car properly. Was delighted as I skip more than I actually listen to songs!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts