UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ever since I've had my Duster I've had a problem that the radio/CD doesn't always automatically come back on when returning to the vehicle and putting the ignition on. No amount of button pressing or ignition off and on will put the radio or CD on.

One thing I think causes this peculiarity is if I have say for example returned to the vehicle having forgotten something, unlocked it, opened it, closed it and locked it again.

The solution I've found is to turn off the engine, remove the key, open the door, close the door, operate the key fob to lock the vehicle, wait until the red door light lock goes out (about 1 minute), unlock the vehicle with the fob, open the door, close the door, put the key in the ignition, turn the ignition on, and hey-presto the radio is back on automatically, as I left it.

WEIRD OR WHAT?!?!?!.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
When I took the vehicle for its 12 month service in February the Dealer had a lot of staff off sick and as the problem was 'intermittent' I said to leave it for the time being. I had jiggled all the relays and fuses to no avail - but eventually discovered the 'solution', which I will probably live with as I doubt the problem will be easily found without changing all-sorts one by one.

·
Registered
465 Posts
You are right if the fault on the radio is there at the time my Renault garage would change the engine and charge a weeks labour to Dacia. (good old poke and hope and change everything)

·
Registered
188 Posts
Can anyone explain how to get traffic alerts on my '63 reg Duster Laureate 1.5 dCi 110 4x4. (I've given the full spec, as each vehicle model seems to be different!!!) According the the radio booklet, the traffic alerts are mentioned, but doesn't explain how to get them.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Hi Chrisl300, sorry for the delay to your question (not getting notifiers) it's the basic Radio/CD player.

Cheers

·
Registered
465 Posts
Radio Book is a waste of space.

To turn TA on or off press MENU ---> select OPTIONS ---> select TA ---> then select ON or OFF remember to press the button in the middle of the select wheel each time.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Thanks for that, I'll try it.

Nah! no joy. Menu, scroll down to settings, pressing the button in the select wheel has no effect, pressing the "ok" button underneath gets Audio, pressing ok gets bass, but the scroll wheel has no effect to move through the options?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts