UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

New to the forum so thank you for the ad. I have had my Dacia Duster for just over a year and have no complaints whatsoever, however, just recently the cigarette lighter which I use to plug in my Sat Nav came to pieces as I pulled out the adapter and now does not work and the radio has now started to cut off on journeys and also will not come on when I start the car and not go off when I stop.

Any ideas? I have located the fuses etc but I have a feeling it is a loose connection?

Many thanks

Heather

·
Registered
166 Posts
If you haven't done so already, I suggest your first step is to have your cigarette lighter socket repaired back to factory standard.

The radio & the cigarette lighter socket share the same circuit so I don't think it's a coincidence that your radio started to malfunction at the same time that your cigarette lighter socket failed. Fix the cigarette lighter socket & it's likely that the radio will return to its normal behaviour by default.

If the cigarette lighter socket has been fixed, are you sure it's been done correctly & it's now back to factory standard?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts