UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi anyone had a rattle coming from passenger side dash on tick over? Possibly coming from something on the bulkhead/engine bay?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Did check that but seems more rear dash
Hi Mash

My Daphne has developed a really squeak ! I think its the front passenger seat, however, not coming from the dash. :(

She's also having to go back to the bodyshop at the Garage already as paint is starting to come off of the driver's door as well. Anyone else experiencing similar ? Its on the side of the door. Not a very happy bunny :(

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oh no debdeb hopefully just an isolated problem as not heard of this before, the rattle I think I've tracked it down to the air filter as it got a large grommet with wobbles on tick over and is bolted to bulkhead so an easy adjust fix I hope

·
Registered
58 Posts
I think I'm going to have to give the Garage a list when it goes in next week.

I've also got a temperamental boot release. It doesn't always work first (or even second time), I've resorted to always using the key, I look a real numpty otherwise walking back and forth til it clicks open !! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
58 Posts
You can't actually capture it on a photo, unfortunately Mash, (I have already tried to prevent a trip to the Garage!) and at first I thought it was just sunlight bouncing off my gleaming new paintwork. I had to take it back to the Garage to get a second opinion and prove I wasn't going completely insane !

Dealer was pretty surprised and I got the impression from them that they had not seen it before. The blue colour is coming away day by day and you can see the white underneath. It is rough to the touch. Its actually on the rim of the door where is shuts into the car. Its covered under the warranty, but pretty worrying nonetheless :(

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Don't lose heart in the car, I know it's hard as you get so excited about picking it up ect but I've only heard about the odd rattle and water leak which is common on every make of car. My friends merc 36 grand has had so many problems and recalls.
Once they fixed it be and it's looking it's best again I'm sure you'll be proud owner again :)

·
Registered
58 Posts
Don't lose heart in the car, I know it's hard as you get so excited about picking it up ect but I've only heard about the odd rattle and water leak which is common on every make of car. My friends merc 36 grand has had so many problems and recalls.
Once they fixed it be and it's looking it's best again I'm sure you'll be proud owner again :)
I do love Daphne, Mash, don't get me wrong. I am enjoying her. Its just annoying little niggles, I know !! I intend to keep the faith ;)

Seen a couple in Bexley in the last week - beginning to get a bit common hahaha :D

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Lol yeah just posted something similar in cornwall post, but I feel your pain I'd be gutted if it happened to mine, group hug ;)

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
I think I'm going to have to give the Garage a list when it goes in next week.

I've also got a temperamental boot release. It doesn't always work first (or even second time), I've resorted to always using the key, I look a real numpty otherwise walking back and forth til it clicks open !! :rolleyes:
my logan does That, it's when I'm parked in a camber and have to slam the door harder than normal, seems to bounce the bootlid up and locked again. :$

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hello mash.ref your post from March re rattle on tick over. I bought a sandero tce July and got the same behind the dash. Took it to garage 3 times and still no fix. It is the large air intake pipe that fits badly and rattles. Gargle stated they had had a few recently and they put a rubber filler around the one joint which still hasn't fixed it. A sponge forced behind the bracket that attaches to the bulkhead solves the problem but it is a very poor design. Did you manage a more technical solution. It is vey annoying they cannot fix the noise and I end up recording the rattle to play to the garage as it, like magic, disappears when I pull up on garage forecourt. Any suggestions appreciated.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Weirdly mine developed a ticking when fan was on very faint but annoying. A week later when the fan was on full a moth shot out of the main vent . and now ticking has stopped. I think the noise was the chrysalis case catching on the fan . must say when the moth shot out I don't know who was more surprised the moth the wife or me.

·
Registered
313 Posts
There is a thread on the Sandero pages ref the boot and problems in locking / unlocking remotely. The clip is sits into has been known to move - Check that and make sure it is aligned properly, and that should sort the problem. Otherwise it will be a warranty fix..... I never had this issue, but loads of others, and have got through it all to now have a fully as he should have been from day one, Gollum, who will be with me for many years to come!

·
Registered
18 Posts
My petrol laureate seems to rattle (like tappets)when cold,ok when warmed up,
Would other owners pop along to their dealers?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Loud rattle now mended eventually. Required a rubber tube placing over meatal bar that attaches to bulkhead to prevent vibration. Very badly designed engine . you still get a tappet noise on occasions but i've given up caring as it dosn't eminate from behind dash. Last outing to get this mess fixed ascertained by mechanic that brake fluid I reservoir on minimum. Filled back up on the day but continued to go down so a brake caliper was changed. Didn't fix leak and now ascertained to be leaking from breather tube when I park on my drive that is on an incline. Would you believe it. Reservoir now to be changed. The car should have come with a bus pass as well as a warranty. I will continue with this sad saga after the next repair, seventh time at garage in 3 months.

eminate from inside behind dash

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi Rufusmoey
Thanks for your post
Mines now back from the garage, with no fault found.
There appears to be no reason for it as it sees to happen any time with the engine at temperature or cold.
Apparently this common on these petrol engines.
However I am interested in the rubber tube over
your metal bar? If you could elaborate please.
Still love the car though!!!!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts