UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mine has done this from new but it is erratic and temperature dependent. When cold there is a rattle from behind the dashboard toward the passenger side I think. It stops after a minute or so and is only really when the car is moving (?????).

I took it to the dealer with a good description and said to not take it into the workshop, but to listen from when first started and driven. Their report said they couldn't hear anything but that they'd removed packing from behind the dashboard which should have been done after shipping. When I collected it later I could hear the noise slightly (so they would have, in morning). It hasn't cured it, but just sounds different. Sometimes it is louder than originally. Not pleased at all with the dealer, a lot of sloppy and disrespectful niggles-cum-nasties.

·
Premium Member
96 Posts
Hi,

Sorry to hear about your issues - have you contacted the dealer again?

If you have issues with the dealer sorting our a fault best bet would be to contact the customer relations department on 0344 335 1111.

They should be able to assist you further if the dealer is no good.

Hope they sort this for you.

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Mine has done this from new but it is erratic and temperature dependent. When cold there is a rattle from behind the dashboard toward the passenger side I think. It stops after a minute or so and is only really when the car is moving (?????).

I took it to the dealer with a good description and said to not take it into the workshop, but to listen from when first started and driven. Their report said they couldn't hear anything but that they'd removed packing from behind the dashboard which should have been done after shipping. When I collected it later I could hear the noise slightly (so they would have, in morning). It hasn't cured it, but just sounds different. Sometimes it is louder than originally. Not pleased at all with the dealer, a lot of sloppy and disrespectful niggles-cum-nasties.
If its temperature dependent then removing packing (wouldn't that come under pre delivery inspection?) will not make any difference. Demand a mechanic accompanies you on a drive so they hear what you hear/ good luck.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'll have to get there very early and leave it to go cold, then get one of them to come and listen. It still is unpredictable though. Working this around my working times is very tricky also. I'd heard about 'noise at startup' before and have been wondering if this is more common.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'll have to get there very early and leave it to go cold, then get one of them to come and listen. It still is unpredictable though. Working this around my working times is very tricky also. I'd heard about 'noise at startup' before and have been wondering if this is more common.
Hello, Mine has noises coming from the same area more when cold than hot weather, I have put it down to heater relays for the glow plugs and the quick warm up system thats fitted. Quite noisey some times but think it is just down plastic dash making it worse.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts