UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There are a few posts scattered across the Forum that include observations by Duster-driving members on the reactions they have had from other road users ... and pedestrians. So I thought maybe this was worthy of a full topic.
I had my first experiences of public reaction to my Duster yesterday ... or at least of me noticing public reaction to my Duster (I'm a bit of a dreamer and can be very unobservant). These included head-turning gawking ('what on Earth is that!' type expressions) and, in one case a wild honking of a horn (although, on reflection, that may have been because I forced them off the road). My Duster has attracted attention in its parked state as well ... I think I've 'sold' a Duster already to the guy who drives the fish van and insisted on to a guided tour round my Duster. So he's off to the dealer for a test drive now. Hmmm, could be some commission in the offing mebbe ;-)

Reactions: ionutzzz

·
Registered
535 Posts
Good idea. I saw a similar topic in an Italian owners forum and it was a good read. it was called Ma a voi vi fermano per strada? meaning, Do they stop you on the road? There are some funny moments also, when the carabinieri (police men) stopped the owners just to look and ask about the car. :lol: So do share what reactions you got. :ph34r:

·
Archived Member
372 Posts
Local undertaker is thinking of getting one as he reckons he can fit a coffin ( empty I hope ) in the back with the seats down........ :D
The Rumanian ranger rover as a body carrier, what ever next :)

·
Registered
535 Posts
Local undertaker is thinking of getting one as he reckons he can fit a coffin ( empty I hope ) in the back with the seats down........ :D
:lol: Maybe he should wait for the Logan MCV because it's along estate and painted in black should look like a mortuary vehicle. But a mortuary Duster should bee quite a unique choice. :lol: I saw Police Dusters, Red Cross Dusters, Firecars Dusters, Rescue Dusters, but never a mortuary one. :D

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
When I get mine I'm expecting the neighbour to take the p*** out of the name...... but only 'cos he does that about everything. I'll let him get it out of his system before I tell him the price. ;o)

·
Registered
67 Posts
Picked my duster ambience up on saturday and within an hour had a guy asking me all about it, we had a good chat and he left, then returned again to look inside and said he was calling a local dealer that day.

Parked at work today, customer came in and spent 10 mins looking round it-does look bright in white tho! B)

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Picked my duster ambience up on saturday and within an hour had a guy asking me all about it, we had a good chat and he left, then returned again to look inside and said he was calling a local dealer that day.

Parked at work today, customer came in and spent 10 mins looking round it-does look bright in white tho! B)
There's no doubt that, as 'early adopters' of the Duster, we're marketing agents for Dacia ... just by being on the road. The fact that we're a friendly bunch too, and happy to talk about Dusters at length (!!!), is good for sales as well :D

Reactions: Bex
1 - 9 of 9 Posts