UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I bought last week a Dacia Lodgy vehicle (has not got it yet) and now I am wondering if there are any compatible rear cameras with the MediaNav system fitted in Dacia and Renault vehicles?

The dealer in Finland from wich I bought the car had now information concerning this.

Kentsu from Finland

·
Nurse Juju
1,342 Posts
Hi Kentsu,

I found this online at this web address: http://www.renault.co.uk/about/category/6/newsnumber/bb5d51e6-76bb-454d-82dc-2f9659453d3a/newsitemdisplay.aspx

Prices for other notable options include the panoramic fixed glass roof £350, Convenience Pack (centre armrest and climate control) £260, metallic paint £460, gloss exterior touch packs £100, gloss interior touch packs £75 and combined gloss exterior and interior touch pack £150, rear parking sensors £315 (Dynamique MediaNav) and rear parking camera £350 (Dynamique S MediaNav).

It seems its possible for renault to do it.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Hi Kentsu,

I found this online at this web address: http://www.renault.co.uk/about/category/6/newsnumber/bb5d51e6-76bb-454d-82dc-2f9659453d3a/newsitemdisplay.aspx

Prices for other notable options include the panoramic fixed glass roof £350, Convenience Pack (centre armrest and climate control) £260, metallic paint £460, gloss exterior touch packs £100, gloss interior touch packs £75 and combined gloss exterior and interior touch pack £150, rear parking sensors £315 (Dynamique MediaNav) and rear parking camera £350 (Dynamique S MediaNav).

It seems its possible for renault to do it.
All I got was page not found, anyway rear parking sensors and use of your mirrors is the way to go if you can't do that you can't drive. Whilst you are watching the screen you are not watching around you and you could easily clip the car in front with your front wing.

·
Registered
2 Posts
> now I am wondering if there are any compatible rear cameras with the MediaNav system fitted in Dacia and Renault vehicles? <

There's no rear view cam running with the native Dacia MediaNav.
You can use an alternative firmware called Menavrus (http://www.menavrus.com/). So your MediaNav will be video player too!

Chris

·
Premium Member
1,199 Posts
You can. If you've tried a car with a proper rear parking camera which has all the lines and stuff on it, it's an absolute doddle.

Please excuse my brevity, sent from my Sony Xperia

·
Premium Member
1,199 Posts
And they normally have beeping sensors as well so it's the best of both worlds.

Please excuse my brevity, sent from my Sony Xperia

·
Registered
898 Posts
Well I would sooner be in complete sight control ie right and left mirrors and rear view ! also can see kids and grannys coming to the sides !

Just my thoughts

I have seen a Golf in Germany which parks itself once ! it was a driving school car !

·
Premium Member
1,199 Posts
Side cameras, that's a new one to me. I've been in a self-parking Ford Kuga last year. Pretty amazing technology!

·
Registered
756 Posts
Nope, the ASX I owned had forward and front corner cameras, I believe the range rover does and the 360 QQ I had had sensors on the front quarters to give all round coverage

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
> now I am wondering if there are any compatible rear cameras with the MediaNav system fitted in Dacia and Renault vehicles? <

There's no rear view cam running with the native Dacia MediaNav.
You can use an alternative firmware called Menavrus (http://www.menavrus.com/). So your MediaNav will be video player too!

Chris
Hi,

Does anyone have experiences of this new Menavrus alternative firmware for MediaNav?

What will happen to the original maps installed in MediaNav, will they disappear after installation of this alternative firmware?

I am asking, because i just byed a map+poi upgrade to my MediaNav for some 120€.

Br.

magnuken

Helsinki, Finland

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hi,

I bought and installed the alternative Menavrus firmware to my Dacia Lodgy MediaNav. This Mediarus added several additional features to Medianav as Video support and 7Ways and Navitel navigation programs and also support for own iGO maps.

The original MediaNav program and maps are still functioning - from the device setting you simply can choose what firmware to use, original MediaNav or Menavrus!

Now I am waiting for the Mediarus upgrade that will bring support for wireless rear camera (bluetooth) and Internet connection by bluetooth via 3g modem of a smart phone.

I indeed can recommend this Medierus upgrade, it cost 30 €.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Hi,

I bought and installed the alternative Menavrus firmware to my Dacia Lodgy MediaNav. This Mediarus added several additional features to Medianav as Video support and 7Ways and Navitel navigation programs and also support for own iGO maps.

The original MediaNav program and maps are still functioning - from the device setting you simply can choose what firmware to use, original MediaNav or Menavrus!

Now I am waiting for the Mediarus upgrade that will bring support for wireless rear camera (bluetooth) and Internet connection by bluetooth via 3g modem of a smart phone.

Menavrus, Mediarus,Medierrus, come on which is it? LOL.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi,

I'm also interested in this alternative.

I am buying my car used, it has previously been a showcar.

This means that I will (probably) not have the option to get free map updates for the GPS, since more that 90 days have passed since the car was registered for official road use. Or maybe I will still be able to get it, since I don't think the dealer has ever registered the car for updates. I don't know...

Can you get free maps for any of the additional navigation programs you get with with the Menavrus package?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

This means that I will (probably) not have the option to get free map updates for the GPS, since more that 90 days have passed since the car was registered for official road use. Or maybe I will still be able to get it, since I don't think the dealer has ever registered the car for updates. I don't know...

Can you get free maps for any of the additional navigation programs you get with with the Menavrus package?

With Menavrus you can use at least three free navigation programs and for all of them free maps: iGo8.3, Navitel8.5 and 7Ways.

Please check discussions of these from Menavrus site http://www.menavrus.com/ and the "Forum".

·
Registered
5 Posts

With Menavrus you can use at least three free navigation programs and for all of them free maps: iGo8.3, Navitel8.5 and 7Ways.

Please check discussions of these from Menavrus site http://www.menavrus.com/ and the "Forum".
Thanks a lot for your reply!

Since you have installed the Menavrus package, which of the navigation programs do consider to be the best?

By best, I mean, which one is the most accurate in finding the destination and giving correct direction while on the way.

I think I read somewhere that some users where complaining about the official navigation program lagging a bit, making it hard to use in complicated traffic situations. This could be a software issue, hopefully, or that the hardware is too weak (slow).

Have you seen any difference in performance between the different navigation programs included in the Menavrus package?

All in all, it seems like a great bit of software to invest in!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Thanks a lot for your reply!

Since you have installed the Menavrus package, which of the navigation programs do consider to be the best?

By best, I mean, which one is the most accurate in finding the destination and giving correct direction while on the way.

I think I read somewhere that some users where complaining about the official navigation program lagging a bit, making it hard to use in complicated traffic situations. This could be a software issue, hopefully, or that the hardware is too weak (slow).

Have you seen any difference in performance between the different navigation programs included in the Menavrus package?

All in all, it seems like a great bit of software to invest in!

Hi,

With Menavrus you can use at least three navigation packages: 7Ways, iGO8.3 or Navitel8.5 or 5.0.

I am from Finland and there I have found that the iGO8.3 and Navitel8.5 are the best navigation programs. This concerning the available maps and poi´s.

Btw the standard Medianav navigation program is iGO Primo, a simpified version of iGO8. I have not noticied that this official iGO Primo navigation program has lagged anyway behind!

I have also not noticed any differencies in performance between Medianav/Menavrus navigation programs. I have used the original iGO Primo, 7Ways, iGO8.3 and Navitel8.5. They all have performed very well and do not lag behind.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts