UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know how to remove the rear door panel. I have located a single screw new the door handle, surely there must be other screws elsewhere? Not sure how the window winding handle comes off as well.

Thanks

·
Registered
310 Posts
I'll be watching this post with interest OOB as I assume you are wanting to remove it to install rear speakers. I know in the old days the winder handle was held on with a screw & plastic cap on other cars. There is a video here showing a door handle held in with some kind of circlip. I know it's not the same car but maybe the same principle applies.

·
Registered
310 Posts
When I get home from work today, I'll post a class video by which the clip is removed with a piece of cloth. Sorry not permitted to access Utube from work. I'll be using this method if the handle is held with a circlip. Will need to remove the panel to fit speakers.

·
Registered
310 Posts
When I get home from work today, I'll post a class video by which the clip is removed with a piece of cloth. Sorry not permitted to access Utube from work. I'll be using this method if the handle is held with a circlip. Will need to remove the panel to fit speakers.
As promised:

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks everyone for your help here. It has been very useful indeed.

I managed to remove the internal door handle and eventually the window winder.

But having problem removing the door panel itself. The video says you have to push it up and then pull it away.

Tried that but it is not budging away. Don't particularly want to be too hard on it.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Can I ask why you are wanting to take the door panel off?..........if it's to fit speakers, I believe the speaker cover just come off without removing the door panel.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Maybe he is checking if it is pre-wired -- even to the back speakers in the Ambiance models?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Can I ask why you are wanting to take the door panel off?..........if it's to fit speakers, I believe the speaker cover just come off without removing the door panel.
On the Sandero access the speaker covers front and rear are molded part of the door panels.

So on the access model the panel would have to come off. Panels could be different on the Ambiance, Laureate models

Attachments

·
Registered
310 Posts
Cheers Plissken, that's bad news but thanks anyway. I'm picking my Access up tomorrow. Was hoping that the speaker covers just popped off........... :(

·
Registered
310 Posts
Well I'm stumped !!!!............... :( .............While I'm waiting delivery of facia, I thought I may as well fit the speakers. I managed to remove the door handle, the window winder & the hex from the insert below the handle. Great I thought, only the panel to get off.

Not on your bladdy life..............It does not budge, I can see some kind of faster through the door handle but can I work out how to release the panel?............Not a hope, I've tried lifting the panel but I've more chance of lifting the car. I've "gently" pulled the panel but it is going nowhere..........Thought I had better come inside, have a coffee & hope one of you guys may know the answer.

Cheers Mal

·
Registered
50 Posts
Bigmallly, Had a look at the door panel. it does look like a pain to get off. They must be held on with sprung loaded clips because there aren't many screws holding it in place.

Hopefully when i get my speakers next week I'll give it a go and if they don' t come off I'll be wiring the speakers into the back parcel shelf

·
Registered
310 Posts
But what about the front ones?.................I'm gonna go back out & have another look, see if I've missed anything.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Good News & Bad News !

The good news is that the door panels just pop off, I wasn't pulling hard enough.

The bad news is that there are no wires running to any of the speakers............... :angry: .........I did wonder when I didn't see any rubber boots running through the door grommets...........That's bad as the advertisers state that it comes pre-wired for speakers.

·
Registered
310 Posts
have you been able to get some protective sheath to protect the wires and keep the door holes covered up?
I had some white TV coax which I have cut into 12" lengths, Then just pulled the inner wires out leaving a soft pliable sheath.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts