UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone wired up the rear door speakers? My Stepway is not fitted with them and it seems a doable project.

I have seen other posts on here regarding the technical issues involved with fitting the correct sized speakers and running cables through door post grommits etc but that would not be a problem for me.

What I'd like to know before I start the prodject is if I do fit speakers and connect them to the correct output pins of the media nav, will the unit actually output sound to them? and, will the fader become available on the screen? I have had my fingers burned already after wiring up a reversing camera only to find that some small minded individual at Renault decided to lock that capability out of the media nav with the latest firmware update 1.0.4.

I have read that I could install 3rd party software, to use the camera and speakers but I am worried that it will brick the media nav or prevent me reverting the software to the official Dacia version.

Anyone with any thoughts?

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I cant find how to edit my previous post, The version of software that has locked out the rear view camera is version 4.0.5 and not 1.0.4 as stated in the post above.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Here in Spain you cannot get a "Stepway Laureate" I think it is based on an ambiance with every other option as a "bolt on". So in theory, you can get the equivelent of a Laureat, well almost, by specifying all the extras. But, items that need to be insalled at build-time like rear speakers, rear electric window & trip computer are not options. I have seen it refered to on this forum as a "Stepway Ambiance Plus".

·
Registered
269 Posts
Yes, that's the model. The dealer fitted two Pioneers in the rear for me. But they just take a feed off the front speakers. The front to rear fade on the Media-Nav does not function, just left to right.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi i set up rear speakers, wiring for rear speakers is only in back doors, you should run wires from rear doors to B-pilar(between front and last doors), under the seal of the front door and under the instrument panel to the radio. I have Stepway I version 2011.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts