UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys just a quick one I own a 63 plate duster and was wondering if any of you have encountered the problem of the rear doors freezing shut and I mean shut. I am not a small guy and the door s are frozen shut that tight I can't open them . Along with the usual water running down the inside of the windscreen and really bad fogging/misting of Windows to boot in starting to regret my purchase

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Hi guys just a quick one I own a 63 plate duster and was wondering if any of you have encountered the problem of the rear doors freezing shut and I mean shut. I am not a small guy and the door s are frozen shut that tight I can't open them . Along with the usual water running down the inside of the windscreen and really bad fogging/misting of Windows to boot in starting to regret my purchase
Not a Duster owner myself, but to me these symptoms could point to one or more faulty door seals - a known issue with some early production Dusters (see the thread 'George is Leaking")

If it was me, I'd get it back to the dealer to be checked. The good news is the seal design appears to have been modified, and the new design appears to be doing its job.

Best of luck.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I got my Duster Access on march 1st and have had none of the problems that you have had. The only problem I have had is a noise from the steering and that has now been rectified I hope you get it sorted soon and start to enjoy your Duster as I do

·
amazing, just amazing!
2,926 Posts
Not had any freezing weather here to check but the water running down the inside of the windscreen sounds very like a bad seal, get it back to the dealer to check and sort.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Didn't pick up on the bit about the water coming in the screen, I'd agree that's a windscreen seal, whatever else is at play

1 - 5 of 5 Posts