UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed today that only the drivers side rear foglight works even though there is a bulb in the near side cluster. Anybody else seen this - I asume this is set this way for the UK market, and not that I have faulty wiring.

Please let me know if someone has both alight?

JK

Sent from my Novo7Aurora using DaciaForum.co.uk mobile app

·
Premium Member
886 Posts
Just checked, only rhs lights, didnt take the cluster off though. seems odd that from a company that doesnt want to spend a penny more than needed they would fit a bulb that isn't required. I wonder if it is wired to that holder?

·
Registered
131 Posts
Same on the Sandero. I did raise this with the dealer and he said this is the way it has been designed for the UK market.

I did check the cluster and noticed there was no wiring for the ns fog light. I suppose the bulb is there just for cosmetic reasons.

But there is nothing stopping running a wire from one cluster to the other though.

·
Registered
87 Posts
it's the same in Portugal. there is no wiring but easily can be done as I have seen on a .PT dacia forum by a stepway owner...

·
Registered
4 Posts
If both fog lights are on in fog it looks like brake lights are on and could cause an accident that is why there is only one fitted

Posted Via The DaciaForum.co.uk App

·
Registered
2 Posts
Good evening, just bought a new Dacia Sandero Comfort a few months ago and checked my rear fog (lights?) last night to see if they worked and found that only one rear fog light works on the drivers side.

I didn't know if this was a wiring/bulb fault, or whether the other light was purely cosmetic and has no wiring or bulb etc?

I haven't taken off the other rear light to check this yet..

Is this "one working fog light" a normal feature of the Dacia models, as I have read an explanation on the forum that this is done on purpose to prevent them looking like the brake lights have been applied?

Please could anyone from Dacia or owners confirm this?

Thank you.

·
Registered
Oct 2013 Sandero Ambiance 1.2
1,748 Posts
That has always been the case and to further confuse you a bulb is fitted. If you search the forum there are instructions how to wire in the second light.

·
Registered
2 Posts
That has always been the case and to further confuse you a bulb is fitted. If you search the forum there are instructions how to wire in the second light.
Thank you for your reply..

Worth knowing that there is information about wiring the second fog light if needed..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts