UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi. i want to fit a power socket in the boot. is the wiring loom fitted (somewhere to connect the socket) in all models as it does not have parcel shelf socket. looked at fuse box and no fuse fitted in the rear socket position but if the loom is in the boot i can put a fuse in it.

any help please.

·
Premium Member
759 Posts
I have a Ruster Ambiance on the drive, the wiring loom is not in place for an accessory point in the rear.

Yes I removed the shelf / pillar cover etc.

I think they probably just hack the loom, but sorry not sure which wire.

the one that feeds power to the rear wiper was certainly the heaviest gauge.

But do you cut the red or the blue wire? I'm afraid thats your choice.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I put a inline fuse from battery, then ran cable to the rear, using body earth as a return.

this way no cutting in to loom Hope this helps.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Our rear power outlet is not in the boot area but at the rear of the central console - for use by rear seat passengers. AFAIK this is the norm -- a boot outlet would be handy for coolboxes etc and if the standard rear socket is fitted it shouldn't be difficult to extend that to another one in the boot, which I have thought about. If not fitted, sorry... looks like some fun with a tester!

·
Registered
57 Posts
My Phase 2 ambience does not have a rear parcel shelf power outlet. I do think it was based on what was in the parts bin next to the production line at the time.

·
Registered
188 Posts
IMHO both the front console & rear parcel shelf 12v auxiliary sockets should be continuously live! What's the point of sitting in the car & having to have the ign on to use 'em. ie setting up a sat nav, using it for a map reading lamp, mini fan, kids in the back wanting a power supply when parked up etc... I rewired my last motors auxiliary to be a permanent live feed.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Does anybody know where the fuse is to this socket?

I have just fitted a tow bar, but the loom came with a small fuse jumper, and a reference to the 2010 fuse box.

It says to jump the Cigar lighter fuse, number 33.

I can not find the equivalent fuse on my 2014 Laureate.

Thanks

·
Registered
166 Posts
Does anybody know where the fuse is to this socket?

I have just fitted a tow bar, but the loom came with a small fuse jumper, and a reference to the 2010 fuse box.

It says to jump the Cigar lighter fuse, number 33.

I can not find the equivalent fuse on my 2014 Laureate.

Thanks
A bit off topic but responding to the above thread, I've fitted two identical Renault supplied tow bars & associated loom assy's to Dusters.

The towing electric loom took 12V +'ve feed directly from the battery terminal, through an in-line fuse & then through a double insulated wire from the engine compartment, through the cabin area & into the boot area. Based on this loom design, I'm guessing that even if there were a more localised 12V +'ve feed, Renault doesn't recommend using it. Even if this is disregarded, remember that towing electrics need a permanent (ignition key out) 12V +'ve feed which I do not think can be obtained from Cigar lighter fuse, number 33.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Why not just run the wiring yourself. If you don't wish to tamper with the wiring loom of the car (which I would'nt for warrranty reasons) getting a fuse holder, run the positive wire from the battery (having the fuse as close to the battery as possible) and them put your ground somewhere on the chassis of the car. You will then of course have a plug that is on "all the time", but adding a switch negates that problem. That way you will not have tampered with the car's wiring ensuing no issues with warranty.

·
Registered
63 Posts
IMHO both the front console & rear parcel shelf 12v auxiliary sockets should be continuously live! What's the point of sitting in the car & having to have the ign on to use 'em. ie setting up a sat nav, using it for a map reading lamp, mini fan, kids in the back wanting a power supply when parked up etc... I rewired my last motors auxiliary to be a permanent live feed.
I don't think any newer car will have this, as far is I understand it is because of the CANBUS system having to be live in order for power to be distributed.

But you can buy those cigar lighter sockets for £3, and wire it directly to the battery if you want to. Done this many times on 50cc mopeds that didn't come with one, so you could have your sat-nat, etc. You can also make it look "stock" and pretty.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts