UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently collected my new Sandero 1.2 Ambiance.

When I operate the rear screen washer, there is an awful lot of whirring from the pump before any water comes out of the washer jet.

Is this an inherent flaw common to all Sandero's?

Or do I have a fault?

·
Registered
178 Posts
Sorry if it sounds silly.

Could it be the wonderful cold weather we're having. Water freezing in the reservoir or pipes causing a slow feed?

Are the windscreen jets ok?

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your thoughts.

When the water starts coming out, it is a good strong jet, it just takes an age for the water to start coming out.

The windscreen washers work well, apart from the fact they are set far too high, and I don't know how to adjust them downwards.

Any and all help/advice/suggestions are very much appreciated.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Maybe the rear wash has the water pulled back into the reservoir by the pump and therefore takes longer to reach it. Just a guess.

It does sound like slightly frozen pipes though. May explain the faster front jets if there is an ice blockage. The water that does get through would be a thinner stream but faster and higher than normal.

That's my professor Brian Cox theory ;)

Perhaps a visit to the dealer to check?

·
Premium Member
886 Posts
Most washer hoses have a wee one way valve on them to stop this very problem. It's a pity nobody has been able to confirm or deny it happening on their car. The valves are not expensive and could easily be retrofitted to the pipe if it has been designed withoutone, but I totally appreciate that's not the point. Has the dealer given you any advice?

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have not been back to the dealer yet.

I am waiting for my boot liner to turn up at the dealer.

Then I will ask them all my little questions when I go to collect that.

Most washer hoses have a wee one way valve on them to stop this very problem. It's a pity nobody has been able to confirm or deny it happening on their car. The valves are not expensive and could easily be retrofitted to the pipe if it has been designed withoutone, but I totally appreciate that's not the point. Has the dealer given you any advice?

·
Registered
137 Posts
Yup. Go along with NC on the 1 way valve. My Defender has one up in the headlining for the the rear washer. They can get blocked and I renewed mine which is why I know it's there.

You can buy them in Halfords and retro fit. Just put it in line as close to the jet as possible but easily accessible. Make sure you put it in the right way round and you'll be good to go.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts