UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody got any suggestions how to deal with the shelf when you have a dog in the boot! It's so large and doesn't fold so it's not practicable to store in the car and it's a damn nuisance to have to keep it in the house.

The Duster handbook seems to show a collapsible shelf.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Yes, I think originally the Duster came with a collapse-able (possibly roll up) cover. I originally heard that this did not come as standard but would in tthe UK and Ireland Models. So by the sounds of it we are also getting an upgraded hard cover version which does has it pit falls. Maybe if it is awkward for you you could source one of the European versions.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, I thought of that but a couple of 'googles' brought up nothing!

·
Registered
431 Posts
Does your dealer or any close by still have the LHD test models. As if I remember correctly They may have it ... And if your really keen they might do a straight swap for you. Just a thought ...

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That's a good idea but the dealer is less than obliging, I have had to do all the chasing and have never received any of the call backs promised.

The LHD one is no longer obvious on the site, although it is huge, perhaps it went out on a transporter that delivered.

The company is like Tesco, they have a virtual monopoly round here and it's easier to name the makes they don't sell than the ones they do!

·
Registered
324 Posts
I am looking for a soft parcel shelf too. If you find a source, drop us a line?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hi

This may sound drastic, but I have cut mine in half (with a sharp stanley knife). The rear portion stays in place, and the front part will just sit on top of that... this suits our needs, our dog is small and in a carrier. We tried every which way to get it to fold etc.but couldn't. At least this way I only need to store the rear half of the shelf somewhere else if needed. This may not solve everyones problem.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi

This may sound drastic, but I have cut mine in half (with a sharp stanley knife). The rear portion stays in place, and the front part will just sit on top of that... this suits our needs, our dog is small and in a carrier. We tried every which way to get it to fold etc.but couldn't. At least this way I only need to store the rear half of the shelf somewhere else if needed. This may not solve everyones problem.
I was coming to that exact conclusion after searching and searching for the answer. I was thinking of cutting it and joining it back up some way so that it folds and stays in place.

What are the cut edges like? Are they likely to break up?

·
Premium Member
886 Posts
The ironic thing is , from the YouTube reviews I watched, foreign car reviewers all complained/ slated the folding parcel shelf. If I couldn't understand the language (I.e most of them) there body language still told the same story as they screwed up their face and dumbed in unceremoniously onto the boot floor. I was a bit put off by the big cream (in my head easily marked) shelf that they fitted, but to be fair on dacia they bowed to popular criticism and demand.

Try giving Karl a message on here. He might be able to get you the floppy load cover part number.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Or try and swap with a fellow Duster owner on Mainland Europe. I'm sure you will find a forum somewhere and google translate to assist ;-)

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Took the drastic option this morning and cut it in half and then joined it back with black felt but it wasn't successful as to fold it you have to remove it and it's floppy as well so two halves it is!!

·
Registered
137 Posts
Page 112 of the US online handbook shows how the EU floppy cover works. Mines got 1 and it's 1 of the few things that I think looks cheap. I'd swap with a hard one but the problem is logistics.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Hi ****.

I had look at them and they are for the logan.

As there is a lot of standardization, would they fit a duster?

Cheers for posting it!

·
Registered
324 Posts
Well just checked the listing again and the price is now over £100! :eek:

Maybe not then, lol

·
Registered
560 Posts
Sorry for the dead end Tony. I wouldn't be suprised to find similar Forums to this on the continent though. Have we any bi-lingual members that could help out?

·
Registered
324 Posts
Not a problem at all, ****. The link had the part number which I sent to Karl who says he can get them.

Getting a price for me

Reactions: Duster
1 - 20 of 49 Posts