UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I am looking for some advice. My Stepway is just under a year old. However the rear window heater I believe has never worked. This never bothered me until now (-2 this morning) and despite the light coming on, nothing is getting heated up at the back.

I had my rear window replaced a couple of months ago after it was shattered by a stone. I was hoping after the window was replaced this would fix my issue, but it looks to be something else.

Do you kind folks have any idea what I can look for to get this resolved? Is it a fuse? is this easy to get access to? Or should this be one my dacia dealer should fix?

Kind Regards

Alasdair

·
Registered
425 Posts
Hello, I am looking for some advice. My Stepway is just under a year old. However the rear window heater I believe has never worked. This never bothered me until now (-2 this morning) and despite the light coming on, nothing is getting heated up at the back.

I had my rear window replaced a couple of months ago after it was shattered by a stone. I was hoping after the window was replaced this would fix my issue, but it looks to be something else.

Do you kind folks have any idea what I can look for to get this resolved? Is it a fuse? is this easy to get access to? Or should this be one my dacia dealer should fix?

Kind Regards

Alasdair
Have a look at the fuse for this page 5:28 of the handbook..fuse panel is at the out side edge of the dash..if its not a fuse then go back to your dealer and report the fault..they should have check its operation when the new rear screen was installed..

·
Premium Member
4,020 Posts
Have a look at the fuse for this page 5:28 of the handbook..fuse panel is at the out side edge of the dash..if its not a fuse then go back to your dealer and report the fault..they should have check its operation when the new rear screen was installed..
If the fuse has not blown and the 'tel tale' indicator light comes on, I would suspect a faulty relay ! :eek:

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Panic over, had an actual look, found the two connectors on either side of the back window. The right element wasnt actually connected to anything. Managed to get my finger in the hole (no dirty jokes intended) and find the plastic connector. Thats it plugged in. Will test out tomorrow morning as its meant to be another cold one!

·
Registered
425 Posts
Panic over, had an actual look, found the two connectors on either side of the back window. The right element wasnt actually connected to anything. Managed to get my finger in the hole (no dirty jokes intended) and find the plastic connector. Thats it plugged in. Will test out tomorrow morning as its meant to be another cold one!
Keeping my fingers crossed for you.. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts