UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Perhaps a daft question but is the rear screen washer meant to spray as mine appears to just send a straight jet of water and I wondered if this is normal or it’s got blocked as it’s been in a dealer showroom for a while.

·
Registered
204 Posts
There is hardly 1 cm gap between the nozzle & the glass. So it cannot spray out like a jet, as the front ones. Looking through the glass from the front - it flows down!
Keep the reservoir clean, cap properly closed & use clean water. It's a long line to the back.

·
Registered
Dacia Duster 2018 1.5 diesel 115 addblue and a 2013 Sandero 1.5 dci Ambience
78 Posts
as its illegal to drink it I distil alcohol at home from sugar wash I make with bread yeast 8 x Aldi bags of sugar in a 25 litre plastic bucket of warm water two good heaped teaspoons of bread yeast and 10 days later you have enough screen wash for all winter long from a home made still and it never ever freezes up your washer jets. screen wash is just to expensive these days, it smells quite nice to but be careful its hard to explain to mr plod why your car smells of ethanol.
ethanol has a little water in it but not enough to freeze in -30 degrees temps it usually distils at about 95% proof if you add more sugar at the start it will make the ethanol output stronger and if you drank it neat it could be enough to blind you so its best used as a screen wash instead, the wiper blades seem to like it to no squeaks or missed patches on the screen in over 3 years of use. no blockages of jets front or rear and a quick clearing screen in icy weather.
home made ethanol can produce Methanol when distilling the sugar wash and it is the Methanol that is DANGEROUS TO YOUR HEALTH, a simple test for methanol in ethanol is to put some on a spoon and light it with a lighter if the flame is yellow it has Methanol in it, if it burns transparent blue there is no methanol in it. 25 litres of sugar wash will produce about five litres of quality screen wash, by the way I wrote to HMRC and asked for a license to make alcohol but they wrote back saying they were not interested what I do at home privately as long as it is not for consumption.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts