UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ANOTHER THING THAT I FOUND OUT , I SAID THIS BEFORE BUT CANT FIND THE TOPIC WHERE SO I POST AGAIN

THIS IS FOR SANDERO, STEPWAY, LOGAN AND I THINK ALSO DUSTER

IS THAT

YOU START THE CAR, IF U USE YOUR FRONT WIPERS COS IS DAMP OR RAINING THE CAR ACKNOWLEDGE THAT AND AFTER THIS THE FIRST TIME YOU PUT THE CAR IN REVERSE THE REAR WIPER WILL GO AUTOMATICALLY WITHOUT THE NEED FOR U TO ENGAGED THE REAR WIPER FROM THE BUTTONS YOURSELVES

FOR THOSE WHO KNEW THATS GREAT

FOR THOSE WHO DID NOT ...................WELL ENJOY THIS FEATURE

;) ;) ;)

·
Premium Member
342 Posts
Not my duster

Posted Via The DaciaForum.co.uk App

·
Registered
349 Posts
i hate it!!!!!

i was clearing some water from front window after a shower, rear screen was dry and dusty, rverse park, nice dry scratchy sand paper type sound as rear wiper went unecessarily.

ok most of the time but flawed

·
amazing, just amazing!
2,926 Posts
I'm sure it worked on my Duster but it's been a while since I saw it happen.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I am glad it is not me!

Same feature on the Dokker ,I noticed it the other day after driving in the rain and having to do a three point turn to park in front of house ,you know how it is ,the rear wiper movement catches your eye in the mirror ,checked the switch ,definitely not on, thought I had knocked it when turning the wheel.

There you go ,pays to read the forum!

A handy little feature as I have "dashcam blackbox" fore and aft and both screens are kept clear when raining.

Neat!

·
Registered
171 Posts
My old Renault Megane did this too. But what it also did (that the Logan MCV doesn't) when the front wipers are on continuous wipe and the I would stop for a red light or something, it would stop wiping continuously and only wipe every few seconds, then as soon as I would start moving it would revert to continuous wipe.

I now do this manually on every car I drive lol.

The reverse wipe is actually kind of annoying, if doing a turn in the road and needing to select reverse several times to complete the turn, it wipes the rear every single time which annoying in light rain.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Surprised me first time it happened with Logan. When I noticed it happening regularly I thought there might be a sensor on rear window that picked up when it was wet
i hate it!!!!!
i was clearing some water from front window after a shower, rear screen was dry and dusty, rverse park, nice dry scratchy sand paper type sound as rear wiper went unecessarily.

ok most of the time but flawed
I'm still trying to keep the car as clean and shiny as I can, so I don't like it when the rear window is dusty

·
Registered
35 Posts
If you have auto wiper feature, make sure the wiper control stalk is in the uppermost position, then when you select reverse, the rear wiper will not activate. I have this feature on my 13 plate Scenic.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Where I live it use to be cold and snow in the winter... Sometimes the rear wiper is covered in ice and stuck to the window so I don't want it to start automatically.

Is there any way I can disable the auto-start without removing any hardware (fuses, wiper arms, etc)?

·
Registered
398 Posts
Where I live it use to be cold and snow in the winter... Sometimes the rear wiper is covered in ice and stuck to the window so I don't want it to start automatically.

Is there any way I can disable the auto-start without removing any hardware (fuses, wiper arms, etc)?
Normally when you clear the front screen of snow and ice you would also do the other windows, including the rear screen so it would not be stuck. ;)

·
Registered
2 Posts
I know, but I'm to lazy... :)

I have an electric heater on the floor at the front passenger seat, so I normally don't have to clean the front windows.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts