UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was amased today to be telephoned about a recall on my Duster. Something to do with the brakes??? I'm taking it in on Tuesday.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Not a big problem apparently and just a check while you wait.

I read in the paper that 6000 Subaru's had been recalled in China - given that Dacia has launched in the UK in January on the back of a lot of online pre-orders it could be argued that they've spotted the problem early.

Reactions: StoneBreaker

·
Registered
535 Posts
That news is kind of old "Tuesday, March 27th, 2012" and only happened with the romanian Dusters. I don't know if it's the same in UK.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Mine was made in Romania (bought in Turkey 3 months ago) and no probs so far. :)

·
Registered
282 Posts
Spoke to my dealer today and he said cars were being held and checked at import centre before being released all cars already released should be ok but Dacia/Renault to make a desicion if recall is required. He didn't actually specify what the brake problem was.

billyblue.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Our car is with them right now being checked, no one seems to want to say, what they are checking or why.
I think you have a right to know, press them for an answer on what they are checking!

I would be interested as I have not had the recall yet, despite my dealer saying there is one coming!

·
Registered
95 Posts
recall in india from india built dusters - brake issue

no recall from romanian built dusters

it could be one of 2 things

1. they use a different more local maunfacturer for one of the brake components and the quality is not to standard

2. poor installation/build quality

it is likely to be a mix of the two

·
Registered
156 Posts
How do we know what has been checked? Is there some record of the vehicle being confirmed safe or is is it just recorded on Renault's database? I picked mine up last Thursday & the dealer (salesman) told me it had been checked but nothing recorded on the service record. It's a concern as he has been known to tell non-truths.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Just got back from having my Duster checked at my Renault dealer. It seems like they are checking the seals on the union joints on the brake pipes. Fortunately after 30 minutes I was told mine were fine.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Take mine in at 9 in the morning, the reason I was told was a "quality check" .

I got sight of the memo to the service dept. and it said-

Work to be undertaken

"Please carry out OTS blue note"

This should mean something to someone unless its in-house jargon.

·
Registered
32 Posts
It's Renault in-house jargon.

OTS is their Technical Solution scheme.. with the colour determining the severity & how the workshop should deal with it.

I'm sure a dealer rep will be able to give you more info than I, but I think blue is just a check..

·
Registered
431 Posts
Just got back from having my Duster checked at my Renault dealer. It seems like they are checking the seals on the union joints on the brake pipes. Fortunately after 30 minutes I was told mine were fine.
Had mine checked yesterday too ... again no issues with mine.

Graphixa is correct on the Union Joint explanation and is detailed by Renault tech code (Ti2364).

Just needed to make sure it was properly tightened I think.

What totally p!$$ed me off was that Dacia CS (Ireland) totally denied that there was a recall. That is not even bas CS but negligence to me ... :angry:

If I actually had a problem and did have a crash they would have been in deep do do ...

And it is only for this forum that I knew what they were telling me were lies .... :angry: :angry: :angry:

·
Registered
178 Posts
Well I can see their point - a recall on brakes before 1/4 preorders fulfilled wouldn't bode well ;) but with Dacia CS so far it doesnt surprise me at all....

I posted originally about the door seals in Indian Dusters and surprise surprise - the recent block - why werent these picked up prior to shipping?

1 - 20 of 66 Posts