UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I asked last time I was in the dealership if I could choose my reg from their list. They said unfortunetly not as if they let one person do it then everyone would want to do it and who would get first pick (I said the person who asked first)
So I was surprised today to get an email with a list of regs and asked me to pick one....

Wow I thought but nothing exciting was on it (no intials that made sense to me) but at least they offered....so I handed the list to my wife and she picked one that she said looks like Bugs (as in Bunny) as they all started BU....

So at least I now know my reg

Sent from my BlackBerry 9790 using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
2,832 Posts
The most interesting registrations, anything they think might sell for more money, are filtered out by DVLA so they can sell them for more money.

My dealer emailed me a list and asked me to pick one. it was the same the other time I bought a new car (about 20 years ago, from Mazda).

·
Super Moderator
2,832 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
5,411 Posts
Chris.....thats simply superb .....LOL....!!!!

I WANT THAT NUMBER PLATE !!!!! :D :D

It would look brilliant on George :wub: !

hmmmm......can we have a whip round please everybody ???? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
84 Posts
I had nearly a 45 minutes conversation with my dealer about registration choice... I had just left a conference on the role of the American governor and state finance (not thrilling to all, but it is to me) and he kept intermittently asking me about this as we were deciding the reg. I think he was procrastinating hahaha.... Never mind.... This is probably why so many people have to wait forever to get their cars.... 6 days to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Sandero Forum Moderator
861 Posts
We had a reg that came on an an old Mondeo SM51 FFS, this was Smiffs according to my youngest daughter.

Well she liked it so when th emondeo died I transferred it across to the next motor which died very quickly and then the next one which died very quickly....didn't bother with it after that :lol:

·
amazing, just amazing!
2,926 Posts
I asked for and was told I could have the same reg as my old car with this years number, the dealer even made up the plates and put them on the car. When I went to pick it up it had a different reg, they said sorry, when they tried to register it the number had been taken even though they had 'held' it for me. I wasn't desperately bothered and got some free mats out of it.

·
Premium Member
1,374 Posts
:Lots of different tales about VRN flexibility across various threads, but no flexibility from my dealer apart from an "allocated" list of 20 options. The only one I could find with even the smallest mote of humour in it was suffix EHH which I've now bagged. You will need to know the radiotelephony spelling alphabet to get it!

·
Registered
5,411 Posts
Reading your signature arob.... :)

hope Fluffy is enjoying the all expenses paid luxury cruise....and enjoying playing "quoits" with the other Dacias on the sun deck ! :D

·
Premium Member
1,374 Posts
I just thought of another way of reading your plate - trouble is, I just can't bring myself to post it on the forum! :eek: Don't bother asking - I'm not saying for any amount of cake. For those who work it out, I say, let's keep it a secret. Sorry Mr Moderator.

(What's the betting I pick up a warning point soon? :p )

·
Registered
52 Posts
Im slightly lucky living in Germany, all you have to have is the County code as your first letters (either 1,2 or 3) depending where you are from e.g B for Berlin, HH for HansaStadt Hamburg LIP for lipstadt.

you can choose your middle letters (upto 2) and then numbers (upto 4 (car only)) hence mine is XXX-SM-967 the SM for my first and middle name followed by Sept (9) 1967 (67) DOB.

No my town is not XXX just did not want to give full reg :ph34r:

·
Premium Member
1,374 Posts
Im slightly lucky living in Germany, all you have to have is the County code as your first letters (either 1,2 or 3) depending where you are from e.g B for Berlin, HH for HansaStadt Hamburg LIP for lipstadt.

you can choose your middle letters (upto 2) and then numbers (upto 4 (car only)) hence mine is XXX-SM-967 the SM for my first and middle name followed by Sept (9) 1967 (67) DOB.

No my town is not XXX just did not want to give full reg :ph34r:
I'm very glad to hear your prefix is not XXX Bev. XXX and SM :eek: and I won't even mention the numbers! (Oh dear, I might just have given Mr Moderator his opportunity to award me a warning point!)

·
Registered
55 Posts
mate make sure they don't register it behind your back before you get your new moter
Don't think they can register it until they get a copy of your insurance, that was the case with me. Dealer offered me a list of registration s to pick from and although nothing to exciting managed to pick one with my daughter's initials as the last 3 letters.I was just more concerned about getting a dodgy one, seen a plate yesterday that ended in FUD!!!

·
amazing, just amazing!
2,926 Posts
Your car comes pre insured bigeater, 7 days worth so the dealer can register it before you pick it up.

·
Registered
756 Posts
Your car comes pre insured bigeater, 7 days worth so the dealer can register it before you pick it up.
Does the Duster come up on the system?

They would not insure me on the 7 day as the Sandero does not show on the computer system for 7 day, Strange as they could give me an annual cover..............

1 - 20 of 36 Posts