UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
IF i was to order a stepway and its delivered March would it be a 64 or 15 plate? I've never owned a brand new car so I'm unsure how they are registered....on order or on delivery?! I would be a little miffed if I bought a brand new car with a 64 plate and a week or two later there are 15 plates on the road......it just wouldn't quite feel new!

·
Registered
155 Posts
If you collect after 01/03 it should be a 15 plate but some dealers will register early to meet targets etc. A car doesn't even have to be in the country to be registered. If you buy be very clear with the dealer that you want a 15 plate vehicle.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
When I got my car Evans halshaw told me they couldn't get me a reg number until the car had been at their dealership for 24 hours, so I'm guessing once it's at the dealers they can register it at their convenience.
I'm guessing you could stipulate your own terms prior to signing and accepting the car though.
I got conned out of a months road tax somehow! Although can't really complain because it was foc.
Remember when you buy in the brochure it says the price in there (the on the road price) includes everything, and is all you should pay. Mine tried to charge delivery to dealer, first registration fee on top of that... Not sure if he knew what he was doing though as he seemed genuine enough about the mistake.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I know for certain that a dealer doesn't have to have the car before registration, I know someone who agreed to having their VW Polo registered several weeks before delivery, the dealer said it was being loaded at the port of departure. There can't be a 24 hour rule, who would know?

·
Registered
155 Posts
I know for certain that a dealer doesn't have to have the car before registration, I know someone who agreed to having their VW Polo registered several weeks before delivery, the dealer said it was being loaded at the port of departure. There can't be a 24 hour rule, who would know?

·
Registered
155 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Great thank you. Now do i order or see if i can get a few more miles out of my old faithful citroen!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Great thank you. Now do i order or see if i can get a few more miles out of my old faithful citroen!

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
unless it's an Evans halshaw thing, I know because I had to sort out my insurance out the night before, which is why I was a day later picking it up.
On a lighter note, they couldn't have thought much of my trade in, it was still sat in the same spot I left it in over a month later!

·
Registered
155 Posts
Sales people, they'll tell you anything Hehe!!

Your trade in, you didn't want it any more, neither did they by the sounds of it.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts