UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Am dubious before I order, have decided on a Sanero, but they are a sub brand of renault! Anybody noticed any 'quirks'?!

·
Registered
50 Posts
I test drove one last weekend and I was massively impressed by it. It was the top spec but it looked smart inside and felt well put together. For the price they are, it is a no brainer to be honest. Before I looked at the Dacias, I was looking at second hand cars with 40,000 miles on the clock at ridiculously high prices. Where else can you get a car from about six grand upwards depending which version you go for?

Posted Via The DaciaForum.co.uk App

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Same situation here, am wanting to be fully informed though as where we live we need a diesel really. Just a bit concerned as we own a mk 2 clio which is going and to say it has Renault -itis is an understatment!

Sent from my GT-S6810P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
349 Posts
1.2 was renaults most reliable, proven workhorse

0.9 efficient and powerful for what it is, new but no major faults that ive heard of yet

1.5 dci, earlier ones liked to throw away the big ends but this engine is now used in stacks of cars.

build quality? these have been proven reliable overseas long before hitting our shores. I wouldnt hesitate

·
Registered
50 Posts
I don't think we are always 100% happy with our cars these days. We find problems where there aren't any. Only a few of us are lucky enough to have a problem free car!!

·
Registered
220 Posts
The Sandero is a popular Renault in Colombia. It's sold here with a 1.6, 90hp engine. I believe that like the Duster it is assembled at the Medellin Sofasa plant. I'm guessing yours come from India?

·
Registered
220 Posts
No not unless the car spends a lot of time up in cloud forest conditions with high humidity. Down in the city of Cali for example it's dry as a bone. As I think of it I really haven't seen any cars even old ones with a rust condition.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Sandero's are fine; I can't think of any issues and I've never seen any in our workshop; Dusters though, well that's a different story!

I wouldn't say that Dusters are unreliable however the issues I've seen with them are stupid niggly things that really shouldn't happen which I would say is more of a quality control issue at the factory.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Sandero's are fine; I can't think of any issues and I've never seen any in our workshop; Dusters though, well that's a different story!

I wouldn't say that Dusters are unreliable however the issues I've seen with them are stupid niggly things that really shouldn't happen which I would say is more of a quality control issue at the factory.
What happens with dusters?

·
Registered
349 Posts
Which is rubbish as im an anal pedant and ive scoured over a 6month old one to find nothing.
there are loads around me in scotland and ive never come across a complaint yet actually.
per however many thousands are sold, relatively, its rusty number, i believe to be few by comparison.

not to say its acceptable, but i dont think it should equal the demise of the duster.

·
Registered
199 Posts
What happens with dusters?

There have been a few battery issues where new cars have had to have their batteries replaced before being delivered to customers, we had one with a turbo issue which was eventually traced to a block breather hose; white paint was causing the blockage and recently we had one which had a fuse unit that was loose, which caused intermittent cutting out.

Like I said just little things that point more to a quality control issue, oh and we had a few early Dusters that leaked into the cabin when it rained but I believe that was a common issue which was rectified quickly.

As for rust; I've never actually heard of any rust issues on white Dusters that we have sold.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I caused a stir in the rusty duster thread for attempting to work it out as a percentage....
.... but, 10,000 dusters have been sold to uk customers and we are only aware of around 30 affected cars. 30 is unacceptable, but it is a small number regardless

I don't think there'd be nearly so much complaint if the dealers would accept the refusal of the car. You're right, it's not many: but its causing so much of a stir because those that are affected can't resolve it.

·
Registered
324 Posts
There have been a few battery issues where new cars have had to have their batteries replaced before being delivered to customers, we had one with a turbo issue which was eventually traced to a block breather hose; white paint was causing the blockage and recently we had one which had a fuse unit that was loose, which caused intermittent cutting out.

Like I said just little things that point more to a quality control issue, oh and we had a few early Dusters that leaked into the cabin when it rained but I believe that was a common issue which was rectified quickly.

As for rust; I've never actually heard of any rust issues on white Dusters that we have sold.
Hip, to be specific, have you heard of rust on any Dusters, not just white ones, that have passed through your dealership? How many have you sold?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts