UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

when in the Renault dealers a week or so ago and being told the Duster access 1.6 waiting list was so long, I enquired on a price on a Renault Kangoo MPV.

I was suprised to find out Renault stopped selling the MPV version of the Kangoo.

I was a big fan of the car as it provided masses of space and hard wearing plastic for a competitive price.

We aim to buy a Logan estate, but must admit we are tempted by a Citroen Berlingo Multispace, Peugeot Partner Tepee (essentially the same as the Berlingo) and the Fiat Doblo MPV.

There is also a Opel Combo MPV sold in mainland europe which is a re-bagged Doblo, but there are no plans by Vauxhall to sell a MPV version in the UK although my friend who is a Vauxhall tech did get trained on the passenger version when they went for training on the van version.

He asked Vauxhall UK last week and they told him it may come to the UK when the last of the old Zafras are stopped?.

Dacia sell a re-bagged and better value Renault Kangoo in Europe, it would be the perfect car for us with lots of space and the option of 7 seats.

Is there any chance of the Dokker coming to the UK?

Do Dacia sel a right hand driver version of the Dokker anywhere else in Europe?

If so, would the Dacia Uk dealers be able to provide support and servicing?

·
Registered
535 Posts
Dacia sell a re-bagged and better value Renault Kangoo in Europe, it would be the perfect car for us with lots of space and the option of 7 seats.

Is there any chance of the Dokker coming to the UK?
The Dokker it's not a rebadged Kangoo. It's a Dacia design. Dacia are not rebedged Renaults, to make it clear. And Dokker doesn't come with 7 seats. For 7 seats it's the Dacia Lodgy from which the Dokker is derived.

A comparison betwen them:

600021_10151044311284743_2083041167_n.jp

406099_10151044313539743_682000857_n.jpg

582749_10151044310279743_1817710396_n.jp

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry,

but it looks very similar to the old shape Kangoo thats all.

Are there any plans to expand the Dacia range beyond 4 vehicles and to include the Dokker?

Either car looks great for space, although the Dokker would be my preferance.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Sorry,

but it looks very similar to the old shape Kangoo thats all.

Are there any plans to expand the Dacia range beyond 4 vehicles and to include the Dokker?

Either car looks great for space, although the Dokker would be my preferance.
I don't know that, I don't work for Dacia. :lol: But doesn't seem likely because they aren't made in any RHD market.

·
Registered
40 Posts
We'll get them all eventually. As far as I know the Lodgy is due in 2015 when the New Scenic 4 is introduced. It would make sense to market the Dokker as a Kangoo replacement but I suppose Dacia will be watching the UK market to decide when to start building RHD versions.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Just took delivery of a Dokker in March its not so soft inside as the Logan but i found it to be much more spacious.

Not many around and ive see one other so far....on the Garage forecourt.

Its nothing like the Kangoo at all and certantly looks better.

·
Premium Member
2,815 Posts
they re both brand new models manufactured in a brand new factory in morocco (and only there), will probably arrive in the uk 2015-2016

along with a 3rd model that is dokker van, but first the factory will have to build a rhd assembly line too

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm told there are plans to bring the Dokker to India, in both van and car form.

If this is true then we are likely to get it in the UK as Dacia will not be making a RHD assembly line in Morocco.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Just got my dokker,6 weeks delivery,had a peugot partner before,dokker much more load capacity and driver "gizmos" great!!
Cost...trade in peugot 700 euros,2nd hand replacment 14000 euros,dokker brand new with 2000 trade in (spanish govt initiative when buying new vehicle) loads of extras 14600 euros. Not a rehash kangoo,a new vehicle ...so quiet!!
Very pleased.

Sent from my LG-P760 using DaciaForum.co.uk mobile app

Attachments

·
Registered
200 Posts
There are no plans to launch either model here in the UK, if they do decide to do so we will be looking at a number of years before they hit due to needing a RHD factory to be built, but as it stands they are not on any plans to come here.

·
amazing, just amazing!
2,926 Posts
Which is a shame, when it comes time to trade in the Duster I'd like a Dokker (if I didn't get another Duster...)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts