UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry for my first post to be a rant, but I really want a Duster and have been massively let down by the Renault dealer.....

On Friday, I went into the Renault dealership in Hull to buy/preorder a 4x4 Laureate. There was just one problem.....

The Renault dealer in Hull is so bad that I walked out.

They couldn't even be bothered to tear themselves away from their conversations to talk to me. After around 10 mins of (obviously) waiting, I approached the staff and asked "do any of you want to sell a car?"..... They seemed shocked and reluctant. I waited for a further 5 or so minutes. After which, I told them not to bother and left.

The Duster is a great vehicle and could do very well in the UK.

The problem is the Renault dealer...... Dacia lost a sale of a top spec model because the Renault staff were appalling.

I'll be honest, I'm really miffed and not sure what to do now. Although, I have been toying with travelling to the next dealer and seeing what they are like. It might be a bit "nose to spite face", but I really do like the Duster.....it just means I've added an extra hour or two of travel to see a dealer.

Anyone else had any issues with the dealers?

·
Registered
324 Posts
Hi

Hav I read this post on another site?

Seem to recall someone else had been treated that bad in hully

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hav I read this post on another site?
Possibly. I did post something very similar in a Pistonheads thread about the Duster.

What have the experiences of other people been like? I'm seriously thinking of approaching the Lincoln or Leeds dealerships.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Hi Caedes,

Thought I recognised your post. Welcome here.

All I can say is that I have nothing but praise about the whole process I experienced.

I made the online deposit, picked a dealer and the next day!! I got a call from Brett at Tunbridge Wells and I went and had a chat with him. Moved from a Sandero to a Duster!!!

I am so sorry you have had a crap experience, sounds like Hull do not want the business; their loss.

Give someone else a try; this car is too good a deal to miss!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Just sounds like a crap dealer. Honestly, please try another one! As Tony says, they are cracking deals, and it's definitely worth a look around one.

·
Premium Member
1,199 Posts
My local dealer was friendly enough. If you're serious about potentially buying one, then I'd find another dealer, or put down a deposit online?

Posted from my Galaxy S2, please excuse my grammar and spelling, fat fingers!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'd find another dealer, or put down a deposit online?
I am very tempted to try another dealer. As soon as time allows, I'll take the hit and make the extra hour drive to the next dealer.

I've looked at doing it all online, but I was hoping to get to ask some questions about the specifics of the warranty and have them give me a price for a potential part exchange.

I think my actual plan of attack is going to be contacting Dacia directly (through their website) and asking my questions there, followed by ordering online.

·
Premium Member
1,199 Posts
I'd be interested to know what you find out about the warranty. What's covered etc

Posted from my Galaxy S2, please excuse my grammar and spelling, fat fingers!

·
Registered
324 Posts
I'm the same as Nick, Caedes.

If you could find out about the warranty, that would be great.

I did read somewhere that the extended warranty does come with the AA cover too, but can I find where I read it?

Not a chance!

·
Premium Member
1,199 Posts
I think I'll pop Dacia / Renault an email, see what response I get.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Hi Caedes,

Not sure if you have seen the posting Nick made, but the price is guaranteed to 31/12/2012, but nothing about whether it would increase after.

May be worth chucking down the £100, just to ensure you get the price on offer.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yeah, I did see that post..... Got me panicking a bit. I think I'll definitely preorder, just don't know which dealer to pick.

The way I see it, I have until 31/12/12 to make sure I have something in place. I'm hoping to have another bash at getting myself on the list by next weekend.

Interestingly, I did receive a missed call from a number....A quick google revealed it to be the Hull Renault dealer. Shame they didn't bother to leave a message or anything. Will probably call them in the week.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well, the saga continues....

I phoned Dacia directly (from the number on their website). I spoke to a very nice man, but he wasn't particularly clear on some warranty details and, generally, things seemed a little vague. I explained how I was unhappy with my experience at Evans Halshaw in Hull and he seemed to take the feedback constructively and seriously, which was soothing. We then had a discussion about picking another dealer to work with....

We plumped for Lincoln..... He told me they would be in touch and I could pre-order through them.

I was quite pleased with that. I'd given myself an additional hour of travel to visit the dealer, but was feeling hopeful.

The next day, I received two emails from Dacia, one of which stated that the dealer would contact me within 24 hours.....

That was last week!

I know this may seem petty, and perhaps I should approach the dealer directly myself.....but I just can't help but feel frustrated......

Dacia just don't seem to want to sell any of these cars. I don't think I should have to chase them to make them profit.

·
Premium Member
1,199 Posts
Evans Halshaw - they must have the worst reputation out of any UK dealership. No matter what forum I visit, or which brand it is for, all I hear is complaints about them! So you're original problem actually comes of no surprise.

Give the dealer in Lincoln a ring. It's not another EH though is it?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I was just disappointed that Lincoln didn't bother phoning me.

A quick google suggest that Lincoln is a Co-Op.

I might give them the benefit of the doubt and phone them with a view to visiting this weekend..... I'm in Lincoln on Sunday, so it does no harm.

I suppose, ultimately, I was expecting them to be hounding me for a sale, not me chasing them.

·
Premium Member
1,199 Posts
That's a shame, my local dealer (Watford) are hounding me! Offered me a test-drive in a left hooker diesel, but I want to test-drive the petrol so will have to wait until January.

·
Registered
324 Posts
I got a call from the dealer the next day after i made the order, first for a sandero and secondly for the duster. He invited me up for a chat.

I have a place booked on the test drive day on 9th Dec for a LHD. No idea what spec, but am looking forward to it.

Seems you have had just some real bad luck with the dealers you have been to.

However, it seems when you place a deposit, you get their undivided attention

I went to my dealer and the list of test drives on the 9th was at least 20 long, with me snugly in the middle of the day so a lazy morning for me!!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Good luck with Lincoln . The only downside being far away is warranty work. I think I'm right in saying that you can have it serviced anywhere these days and it won't affect your warranty? If so. find a good Renault indy.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts