UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if there is a compatable Flip Key unit for Dacia/stepway, I have seen quite a few on ebay for Renault, but none specifically for Dacia range.
Admin please feel free to repost if you think I would get a better response if listed in a different section.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Does anyone know if there is a compatable Flip Key unit for Dacia/stepway, I have seen quite a few on ebay for Renault, but none specifically for Dacia range.
Admin please feel free to repost if you think I would get a better response if listed in a different section.
Check here on duster thread I'm getting used to it make sure phone etc in diff pocket ;)

- unless its for exact model of Dacia - ie spacing of buttons etc Ebay buyer beware

http://www.daciaforum.co.uk/topic/1073-switchblade-keys/

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Badboy, thanks for taking time to reply, I had already seen the flip key discussion for the duster. I had my stepway test drive a while back and didn't take that much notice of the key design other than it being a standard key. So until I take delivery I feel I cannot really make any progress with this issue, and being able to match the key to one that can be matched to an available flip key unit. Unless someone has actually been able to find a match for the dacia key and share it here on the forum.
Dave T

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Right, just had an idea.
If someone on here has actually got a Sandero key, could they upload a couple of photos and some dimensions. As it will more than likely be an old Renault design (cleo circa 2003). We could then compare it with what we have (my wife has got a 2003 cleo and that has a 1 button key) or even upload the pics to facebook/twitter and ask our friends if they recognise the key.
Thanks guys, Dave T

·
Registered
178 Posts
Right, just had an idea.
If someone on here has actually got a Sandero key, could they upload a couple of photos and some dimensions. As it will more than likely be an old Renault design (cleo circa 2003). We could then compare it with what we have (my wife has got a 2003 cleo and that has a 1 button key) or even upload the pics to facebook/twitter and ask our friends if they recognise the key.
Thanks guys, Dave T
Already looked - that was my thinking Clio MK 2 probably - spacing of internals might be a problem unless exact....

Heres my Stepway key

ivqf.jpg

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Badboy for posting the stepway key photo so quickly.
At least we now know what we are looking for, I am now assuming that it is a 1 button key, press to lock, press again to unlock.
Well we can definitely rule out 2003 cleo, although it is a 1 button key, but the button is in the centre, and not in the top corner as in your pic.
I have a relative close by with a 2005 cleo, so will have a look at her key, will report back soon.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
This is a key for Renault Cleo 58 plate, now this looks just like the pic that Badboy posted, but with an additional boot unlock button.
So now we need to know if they made one without the boot unlock button

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
seems to me i need to identify the electronic board in my key buy a used spare key of the same type remove the board from the spare then use one of the many flip key overhaul kits i.e. case & new blade from aliexpress

·
Registered
2 Posts
here is my 2017 key mmm pic too big how to shrink it that was fun figuring it out lol
Hi, I have been trying to find a 'flip key' for my 2017 Stepway and found one on Ebay for a Megane/Clio it looked promising so I purchased one at £2.99 thinking it was worth a try, it turned out to be a close match with the button spacing being identical. A couple of mods were made the main one being to extend the battery terminal app 15mm to pick up the circuit board, this was a small piece if copper app 15mm long x 3mm wide x1.5mm thick with the circuit board end rolled up a little to make good contact, the copper was held to the key body by a small dab of super glue.

The other thing I did was, to make putting the case together easier, drill a 1.5mm hole in the body to pick up the locating hole on the pcb, this stops the board moving out of alignment when snapping the case together, pleased with the result as I now have a 'flip key' and the bonus is I have the original key as a spare boot/door key, just in case......

p.s. forgot to say the key blank will need to be cut at a locksmiths, cost app £5 to £10

eBay item number:

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Have you got the item number to the one you used for the 17 plate

I just found the item 262965266801

Timpsons have said can't cut it / it won't fit.

I'm guessing the immobiliser chip is on the board and not in the blade?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Have you got the item number to the one you used for the 17 plate

I just found the item 262965266801

Timpsons have said can't cut it / it won't fit.

I'm guessing the immobiliser chip is on the board and not in the blade?
Hi so sorry for the big delay in replying, yes that is the one I used, Timpsons told me they 'couldn't' cut it but they did!, I used it for some time but found that the buttons were very sensitive and the car could be locked / unlocked accidentally with the key in your pocket, so I went back to the original. Hope this helps.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts