UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My drivers door mirror was taken off by a straying driver coming the other way - very scary close call - at least only the mirror was hit.

I've bought a replacement unit and cover but the cover is black and I need it to be in silver paint as per the original fitted to '15 plate Duster Laureate 4x4.. Are these available ready painted or do I need to go to a paint shop or spray it myself. If the latter what is the paint code likely to be for the silver paint as per the original (and still intact(!) passenger door mirror back?

Once clipped in is the cover removable? Does anyone have a source for the wing mirror cover other than main dealer? The part no is a Renault number 963747198R.

If anyone has replaced one themselves before are there any tips they can suggest to do the job?

Any info would be very welcome.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
I clobber my mirrors usually daily getting in and out of the garage, baring the odd scrape they seem to be holding up well, they seem well sprung, and always bang theirselves back in the right position.
It would be interesting to find out if the covers are replaceable, I can see on flying off one of these days.
You could respray it yourself if you mask it off well, it won't be perfect but being silver it should easily pass as ok as it's one of the better colours for hiding imperfections.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info Carbone.

I've just fitted the new mirror - not quite as straightforward as I anticipated but no real issues I guess. Having worked on quite a few so called prestige makes I was pleasantly surprised how well the mouldings, clips etc were made and went together.

Put the black cover on having decided to buy another cover to get painted - however I think the black looks fine and a cheaper option to get matching colour mirror covers is to buy a black cover for the passenger side!

GF

1 - 3 of 3 Posts