UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have any of you got both of these (or tried them) on a Duster - and which do you find do a better job? Can a reversing camera help with protecting the rear corners ie reversing out of a parking space or approaching a wall at an angle? If a camera is fitted above the number plate I don't see how it can cover the corners.

Was going to get an ebay sensor kit, but recent posts on fitting a camera have muddied the waters.....

·
Premium Member
92 Posts
Hi there.

I'm considering parking sensors.

Dacia do one for £180. A local garage can do a Cobra or Steelmate system fitted for £200.

Are you planning a DIY fit?

Cheers

Pete

·
Registered
173 Posts
I've fitted both! Camera linked into media nav and park safe sensors with sound only. All these were fitted into the black unpainted part of the bumper and all work very well. Camera is useful (with parking guide) to visibly check behind whilst sensors give accuracy to distance from object. The camera is excellent for reversing up to a trailer/caravan as I can see the tow bar.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Yes fitted myself, they are made by a company called Park Safe, code PS740. They have adjustable angled collars and switch on control box which adjust sensitivity to take into account towbar sand spare wheels etc.

·
amazing, just amazing!
2,926 Posts
If I could only have one I'd go for camera, sensors have their uses but can be fooled.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts