UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I'm a newbie on here and want to know if anyone can recommend where I can get a reversing camera fitted for my new Duster that I'm waiting to take delivery of? I'm in the Glasgow area if you know of an individual or firm?

·
Super Moderator
2,832 Posts
I didn't till I fitted mine.

It was quite fiddly because I took a power supply from the reversing light, which is on the car body, and the camera is mounted on the tailgate, so the wires need to go through the rubber housing the connects the two.

If you've got the new Medianav I think you can plug it into the back and get a display on the screen. I don't so I had to fit a screen too.

There is a step-by-step guide on here somewhere

·
Super Moderator
2,832 Posts
I didn't till I fitted mine.

It was quite fiddly because I took a power supply from the reversing light, which is on the car body, and the camera is mounted on the tailgate, so the wires need to go through the rubber housing the connects the two.

If you've got the new Medianav I think you can plug it into the back and get a display on the screen. I don't so I had to fit a screen too.

There is a step-by-step guide here: http://www.daciaforum.co.uk/forum/tutorials/article/33-no-drill-wireless-reversing-camera-and-rear-view-mounted-monitor/

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Chris300. I am going to see if I can get someone to fit it. Not comfortable doing it myself.

·
amazing, just amazing!
2,926 Posts
I'm sure Halfords will do it for you if you buy a camera from them.

·
amazing, just amazing!
2,926 Posts
That said they don't seem to sell much in that line.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm thinking of getting the parking sensor and asking it to be linked to the media system. Also a decent alarm.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Media nav when updated to 4.0.5 does not show picture. Arnald Clark Servicing do not know what the issue is either. Can see me just getting a new double din

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Media nav customer services have confirmed its a function that I am unable to preform on the unit and any attempt to alter the connection will void the warranty. Strange. I have emailed back to ask if I am able to replace the unit with another. I hope my breathe

1 - 14 of 14 Posts