UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I purchased a Duster a little while ago with reversing sensors fitted. The body colour is silver and the sensors are black and look awful.

Should the sensors have been silver to match the car colour? Is the dealer "seeing me off?"

Thanks in advance for any help…..

·
Events Committee Member
1,022 Posts
Hi ****, welcome to the forum, sorry don't have the parking sensors fitted so I cant really help answer your question sure someone that does have them will be along soon.

Great colour choice by the way :)

·
Registered
153 Posts
I've got the sensors on my Sandero, they are black. But my car is black, so it's nicely blended.

I have seen other Sanderos in lighter colours with the black sensors, so it looks like they only come in the one colour.

·
Registered
167 Posts
did a quick check on shopdacia.com and it seems the original sensors are black... im glad i didnt get them for my white duster.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Guys,

I suppose that'll teach me for not asking the right questions when I ordered them!!!

And yep silver is the best colour (apart from the sensors!!!!)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Geraint, fantastic idea, thanks..... hang on, will the sessors still work if i paint them?

Ha, this is turning into an epic now!

·
Events Committee Member
1,022 Posts
99% certain they will work........there is of course one way to find out paint them and reverse towards a wall, if you hear a beep they work and if you hear crunch they dont! ;)
Always get good sound advice on this forum ;)

·
Registered
32 Posts
I got a set of Maplin sensors and sprayed them white, only problem was that the paint reacted with the sensors black paint so I had to strip it off, prime and spray again. They work great

1 - 13 of 13 Posts