UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On testdrive for stepway laureate I asked the salesman if it was possible to turn the parking sensors off he said no, why would you want to anyway?
From bits I've read on past postings it seems to say you can, can anyone clarify please ?

·
Premium Member
4,020 Posts
Why would you want to turn them off ? Simple, if you are towing, the A frame of the trailer will swing past the sensors and confuse the hell out of you when reversing !! :eek:

·
Premium Member
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks chaps, he also told me I had to make a decision about the warranty there and then so I declined then discovered from the forum that I could take it out anytime within the 1st year, doesn't give me faith in any further dealings with the dealer especially should there turn out to be problems. Spoke to a nice chap at cs renault about my concerns about reports of rust on sandero's he assured me it wasn't going to be a problem, do I believe him, really wobbly about this issue.

·
Premium Member
4,020 Posts
Ann Maria !

Since reading about rust on Sandero's & Stepway's I've been over mine with a 'fine tooth comb' & magnifying glass no sign of it any ware. I've had it since November 2013 and it's parked outside. I don't think there is any need to worry IMO.!

Yes, you can take extended warranty at anytime in the first 12 months, it doesn't have to be done though the dealer ! ;)

Roger

·
Premium Member
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Roger, been having sleepless nights about this even thought about cancelling my order and losing my deposit. With help from the forum and my husband realised I'm just being daft and if I have problems with the dealership my husband has promised to deal with them, I don't call him my rottweiler for nothing !!

·
Premium Member
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
16" spare ordered online with forum discount and postage, £67.12. Part worn tyre supplied and fitted £20. (Jack & brace working on)
Car mats off e bay, mini usb purchased Asda, music downloaded, a resolution not to read any more bad reviews all I need now is the car !!

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
16" spare ordered online with forum discount and postage, £67.12. Part worn tyre supplied and fitted £20. (Jack & brace working on)
Car mats off e bay, mini usb purchased Asda, music downloaded, a resolution not to read any more bad reviews all I need now is the car !!
i know its for the spare but your safety is worth more then £20 :( Me I would ban the sale of part worn tyres' ask yourself would you buy part worn brake pads?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts