UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I'm hoping somebody can post up a pdf of replacing the RHS drive shaft (driver side in UK). The car had a duff CV joint from almost new and the faint clicking got more and more pronounced over the years turning left under load. Now it's really time to replace it and a sealed complete drive shaft only cost €40 so I didn't even bother looking to see if the CVs are available separately. I have the new SKF shaft. I believe the gear box oil will need draining and replacing. Any special tools required that can be improvised (or bought if I must)?

Appreciate any pointers. Have a starter to replace so will likely do simultaneously.

Phil

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
A question related to the above...I bought a drive shaft and noticed it had no abs ring. Will I need to swap one over or does the 2008 1.2 16v Sandero not have a toothed ring?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm not sure how active this forum is but for anyone stumbling across this on a google search: I found out on a German forum that the Sandero ABS ring is integrated into the front wheel bearings so that's why it has none.

I managed after a lot of effort to loosen the nuts and bolts holding the strut to the hub but they have been slightly rounded in the process. I would be able to get them back on but getting them off again in future might be a nightmare.

Does anyone know if these bolts & their nuts are available spurious or main dealer only?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Job done without any manual in the end. This lad's YT video was very useful to watch first though. It's almost the same on the 08 Sandero except that the strut to hub bolts are fitted the other way round and there's no ABS ring on the drive shaft as mentioned above.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts