UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had my stepway 2 days now, well happy with it. When I was buying it I asked the dealer how much the road tax was and he said hundred and something (can't remember exactly) for the yr. So when I looked at the invoice it said start stop so I looked into it and from what I found out it is 30 pound per yr, so bonus for me. The log book came today and says 115 on the emissions so I was right.0.9 petrol engine

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
I'm not a big fan of the stop start System, But i cab see how it could be of benefit to some people, and nowadays it seems to be the norm to hear every car around start up, I suppose it could be switched off, or possibly only activates in eco mode?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You can switch it off via the switch down by the handbrake but if you stop the car and turn the engine off and then start it again the stop start will activate automatically. I can cope with it if it saves nearly 100 quid on road tax.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
You can switch it off via the switch down by the handbrake but if you stop the car and turn the engine off and then start it again the stop start will activate automatically. I can cope with it if it saves nearly 100 quid on road tax.
not so bad when you put it like that, the clio I borrowed had it, the dCi seemed to cut off regularly and expectedly, the tce kept saying stop start not available on the screen, I think it only managed it once, could it possibly be to protect the turbo? The time it did I'd been queuing at the lights for a bit.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
There is a light that flashes to persuade you to put it in neutral and release the clutch and put handbrake on so it can stop the engine. It also does it without the handbrake on but with the foot brake pressed.

·
Registered
2,808 Posts
I'm not a big fan of the stop start System, But i cab see how it could be of benefit to some people, and nowadays it seems to be the norm to hear every car around start up, I suppose it could be switched off, or possibly only activates in eco mode?
I don't like the idea of them either, I wonder if they put a higher capacity battery in the car to cope with all the start stop around town..
But if it has a deactivate button I would be happy to press that each time I get in the car to benefit from cheaper road tax... The button would defo be always getting pressed to turn the start stop function off.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hi all,

Ive ordered a stepway tce petrol ,its due on the 24th of August..so when was the stop start added to the stepway as ive only found this out reading this thread?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
It will start back up on its own if you have a lot of things on, mine had sat nav , lights , heater and radio on and it started itself back up today after maybe a minute.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Trust me, if you have an off button you will be using it the first time your are stuck in queue of traffic!!

I just came out of a vauxhall insignia that had it, used to drive me made......

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
I don't like the idea of them either, I wonder if they put a higher capacity battery in the car to cope with all the start stop around town..
But if it has a deactivate button I would be happy to press that each time I get in the car to benefit from cheaper road tax... The button would defo be always getting pressed to turn the start stop function off.
It is better for the road tax, it should have a more robust battery and alternator I think. And possibly a different ignition.
I'd guess if it's minus 5 outside it's never going to shut down anyway, and being old fashioned I like to keep constantly rolling without stopping where I can.
To be fair I was glad I avoided the tpms on mine, but i don't think anyone's had any bother at all with them yet?
Think my rather old logans looking rather outdated now with all these extras they're adding :-D

1 - 20 of 68 Posts