UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm hoping that this wil clear up a bit of confusion.

I purchased a Stepway 0.9tce Ambience yesterday (delivery expected for March 1st). The dealer told me that tax is £110 a year but have read that annual tax is £30 per year.

My query is what is the annual cost of road tax?

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
I'm hoping that this wil clear up a bit of confusion.

I purchased a Stepway 0.9tce Ambience yesterday (delivery expected for March 1st). The dealer told me that tax is £110 a year but have read that annual tax is £30 per year.

My query is what is the annual cost of road tax?
if it's a brand new one it should be 30 quid a year, the emissions dropped with the start-stop I think.
Anything between 110-120g co2 is 30 per year, first year free.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers Carlos. Clears it up for me.

Can't wait to spend so little. I'm paying nearly £300 a year on my current car.

·
Registered
2,808 Posts
Just shows u have dealers done the maths about selling dacia vehicles they don't even no price road tax ??
Mike... More to the point is just shows the dealers know F-All about the product they are selling... Its a case of what they don't know they just make up... Its shocking how many people have to get answers to basic questions on this forum because dealers have given them duff information..

Lazysailor.. The Euro6 Stop/Start Stepway Tce90 you have ordered has a emissions rating of 115g, So your first years road Tax is free, the second year will be £30 ( as at current rates )

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Cheers Carlos. Clears it up for me.

Can't wait to spend so little. I'm paying nearly £300 a year on my current car.
it's very nice, our other car is getting near the 300 Mark for road tax... It annoys me that I get nothing for it, not even a piece of paper anymore.
Anyway good luck, hope the wait for it doesn't eat you away :-D

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Nessi dealers should go through test on selling vechicle dacia are gd vechicle but sales no f..... Al about them even said to dealer about auto gear box dacia have said about auto box for the past few wks ??

·
Premium Member
4,020 Posts
Mike... More to the point is just shows the dealers know F-All about the product they are selling... Its a case of what they don't know they just make up... Its shocking how many people have to get answers to basic questions on this forum because dealers have given them duff information..

Lazysailor.. The Euro6 Stop/Start Stepway Tce90 you have ordered has a emissions rating of 115g, So your first years road Tax is free, the second year will be £30 ( as at current rates )
If you had bought the dCi Stepway, the emissions are 98 g/km. Hence the tax rate is NIL all the way !! ;)

·
Registered
2,808 Posts
Nessi dealers should go through test on selling vechicle dacia are gd vechicle but sales no f..... Al about them even said to dealer about auto gear box dacia have said about auto box for the past few wks ??
Dacia have been talking about a Automatic for a lot longer than a few weeks, Considering they actually launched The Dacia Automatic at the Frankfurt Motor Show in September, It has been in development for many may moths prior to its launch. At the motor show..

http://www.romania-insider.com/renault-unveils-automatic-transmission-for-romanian-dacia-models-at-frankfurt-motor-show/154552/

But the Auto has actually already been launched under the Renault badge....
Renault already launched the automatic transmission for the Logan and Sandero models produced in Russia, early last year.

·
Premium Member
1,340 Posts
If you had bought the dCi Stepway, the emissions are 98 g/km. Hence the tax rate is NIL all the way !! ;)
For now..... That is, until Cameron & George Osbourne pulls the plug ....

DCI drivers like me have now taken the Bait,,, its now only a matter of time before Georgey boy strikes !!!

After all,, someone has to pay for their 10% pay rise, their ever growing expenses, and for making their cozy headquarters even cozier .......... B^^^^^ds !!!!

YJ

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
For now..... That is, until Cameron & George Osbourne pulls the plug ....

DCI drivers like me have now taken the Bait,,, its now only a matter of time before Georgey boy strikes !!!

After all,, someone has to pay for their 10% pay rise, their ever growing expenses, and for making their cozy headquarters even cozier .......... B^^^^^ds !!!!

YJ
it's Boris Johnson that seems to champion the killing of diesel vehicles. If it's true what they say about how harmful they are then so be it, but they need to give decent warning to allow people to accept or change vehicles.
I know what everyone thinks about the government but they're unlikely to do it overnight.
If they wanted to play fair they should slap the ved on the fuel and scrap the current system, then those doing 20,000 miles a year, vs those doing 3,000 will pay their fair share in what they use, if it's not moving it's not polluting the air around it.

·
Premium Member
1,340 Posts
" Fair " ?? this shower dont know the meaning of the word.

and yes, I agree carlos,,,,tax the fuel, thats got to be a fairer system all round,,, but like i said,,,, they dont know what ` fair ` means.

scrap the ved,,,, then they should do us all a favour and scrap the house of Lords. ...lol.

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Taxing the fuel would hit the transport trade adding cost to food etc and those that drive for a living' taxis driving schools etc. Much fairer to have one set fee for all road users.

·
Premium Member
1,340 Posts
ok nss,,,,,point taken,,,,,Although I tend to disagree,,,,,

Personally,,,Its an hard one for me as I have 2 cars,,,, The stepway costs me zero,,,,,but my FTO costs about £265 to tax,,and it does about 2000 miles a year if that,, and, according to my MOT man and his machinery,, the air coming out the back is cleaner than what goes in the front,,, nearly.

,,,,, I cant justify the difference even though the Stepway tax ( or lack of it ) benefits me personally.

Anyway,,,, at least still scrap the house of Lords,,,,,,,,,,hehehehe

·
Registered
2,808 Posts
it's Boris Johnson that seems to champion the killing of diesel vehicles. If it's true what they say about how harmful they are then so be it, but they need to give decent warning to allow people to accept or change vehicles.
I know what everyone thinks about the government but they're unlikely to do it overnight.
If they wanted to play fair they should slap the ved on the fuel and scrap the current system, then those doing 20,000 miles a year, vs those doing 3,000 will pay their fair share in what they use, if it's not moving it's not polluting the air around it.
I am all for scrapping the VED, Then putting a tax on fuel instead...
Then it would be more proportionate to how much you use the roads.
The more a vehicle uses a road the more they contribute to pollution, The more a vehicle uses the road the more it will damage a road, The more a vehicle is on the road the more it adds to congestion.
So the more you use the road the more you contribute... Also everyone has to contribute that way and there will be no loopholes like having a vehicle registered abroad and running around the UK in it for long periods of time without paying any VED at all.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Why keep building diesel vehicles then Boris Johnson should look at London buses for polluting air they keep on about HGV then again black taxi that run round london there all diesel with the price of fuel dropping there more vehicles going places now than before I remember when u got gallon petriol for 3shillons 6 pence 5gallons for pound and still got change

1 - 20 of 27 Posts