UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It would appear with the problems in India and first batch of cars in the UK, the Indian quality control and factory staff are not as good as their Romanian counterparts.

Is this due to training or do Dacia not view the India/Uk market as important?

·
Registered
167 Posts
the india market for the Duster is big... just look at all the indian reviews. The quality issues is probebly for some other reason.

the quality control is probably pretty low on both the LHD and the RHD cos of the price.

im gonna do my own check on the car as good as i can when i get my LHD here in sweden.

·
Registered
431 Posts
I'm not sure it's a fair comment. There have now been around 3 issues but 2 required only checks while the door seal issue required a refit. All issues were spotted pretty much before they were delivered to customers although 2 of them did seem to escape the Indian Quality control.

However all automotive manufacturers suffer from these and all automotive manufacturers are cutting corners. This was seen when Toyota had 2 major recalls a few years back on cars that were in the market place for 2-3 years. So it is not an isolated occurance with in the industry as a whole.

I can see though how it would make people a bit suspect or worry about a brand if they were hearing all this.

·
Registered
40 Posts
There are bound to be a few teething problems but don't worry, you've got a three-year warranty, and Renault/Dacia are keen to ensure product quality hence the initial delivery delays. Lots of people are disappointed with the waiting but it seems that everybody is happy once they get into their new Dacia.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts