UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hi, I am almost ready to put my deposit down on a Stepway Ambiance TCE 90. Just really wondering what the RPM is like at 70. I test drove one on Sunday and could not give it any beans as the roads were busy.

The reason i ask is that my old Zafira was 3500 RPM at 70 and felt like it needed another gear. I did not like that much as it felt like the engine was about to explode at 80 (when on a private road ;) ).

Thanks in advance.

Gareth

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have 1.5 dci duster and at 70 revs are about 2300 in 6th gear. Is Stepway 6 speed as I think it is possibly same engine.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Yeah, private road, best place to do 80mph, that's just where I'd do it, not wanting to temp fine lol

If no one answers you before thursday I'll be able to let you know as I have some motorway driving to do then, but I won't be doing 80

·
Registered
81 Posts
70 is 2100 65mph is right bang on 2000rpm. need to put it in 4th gear now and again to get it over 2500 to clear it out as it is a diesel.

·
Registered
756 Posts
Hi, I am almost ready to put my deposit down on a Stepway Ambiance TCE 90. Just really wondering what the RPM is like at 70. I test drove one on Sunday and could not give it any beans as the roads were busy.

The reason i ask is that my old Zafira was 3500 RPM at 70 and felt like it needed another gear. I did not like that much as it felt like the engine was about to explode at 80 (when on a private road ;) ).

Thanks in advance.

Gareth
Petrol Stepway guys not DCI

·
Registered
29 Posts
3,000rpm = 76mph

3,700rpm = 90mph (IIRC)

0.9TCE Sandero
Thanks for that Mark 45

Well i had a bit of a nightmare with the dealer, They phoned me to say they had a brand new Stepway just come in it was mine if i paid the deposit of £500. Thats fair i thought. Then they offered £1000 less on my trade in and said it was the best they could do. Told them to get lost. Then they upped the trade in price but nowhere near the original price they had promised. By this time i lost all interest. Then they kept pestering me for the deposit , i told them i am at work and i have not got my wallet. They said sneak off and get your wallet. I told them no car is worth my job.

I told them the best i could do is when get home at 5 o'clock i could pay it then. Not good enough the dealer said. 4.30 was the cut off time.(They did not close until 6)

I have not even seen the car yet. My Wife wanted to take a look but they were adamant i paid the deposit now otherwise the car would go.

I felt uncomfortable and smelt a rat . This one turns up in the colour and Spec i wanted . But i could not see it unless i put a deposit down. Any way i lost all interest as the trade in price was a joke and i did not like the pressure selling.

·
Registered
895 Posts
WOW !!!! This sounds like the seller wanted your money at all costs something criminal is going on there you should get in touch with Dacia Head office and tell them this story They do not need Cash the need a signature.So where is the problem ! YUP sound like criminal stuff going on there mate ! and they would wait half an hour to sell a car and if not they are NOT car salesmen !Follow this up mate !

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm going to phone Dacia head office tomorrow. This has really put me off now. I have booked in to see another Dealer . They are a bit further away but hopefully worth it.

The thing is they originally gave me a trade in price for what my car would be worth at handover time in a few months . It was lower than that !!!.

I just do not get it sometimes with some dealers. They have lost a sale as far as i am concerned.

·
Registered
81 Posts
like Stuart said..... WOW!!! this is wrong on so many levels definitely criminal... after head office I would go to the dealer and speak to the manager as well. as it would be Renault dealing with it, can be to separate things as communication from Dacia and Renault dealer were different and the Renault dealer was giving me the correct information.. I have got my car I was never dealt like this. if I was I probably wouldn't of bought a new Dacia at all.

·
Registered
895 Posts
I have also heard of trick over here Like ! OH your car has come :) But it has Metallic paint B) if you want it you will need to pay the extra or wait for the next one ^_^ and of course !!!!!THEY PAY :angry:

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
WOW !!!! This sounds like the seller wanted your money at all costs something criminal is going on there you should get in touch with Dacia Head office and tell them this story They do not need Cash the need a signature.So where is the problem ! YUP sound like criminal stuff going on there mate ! and they would wait half an hour to sell a car and if not they are NOT car salesmen !Follow this up mate !
Couldn't agree more, we all know there are good and bad dealers but this lot go far beyond that to a almost criminal level' its a shame as in your previous post you were super excited over the Stepway and this has took the shine off a little bit

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hi thanks for all your replies. Yes it did take the shine off buying a Dacia, but i suppose its a blessing in disguise. If i had of bought the car from them and had a warranty claim i hate to think how i would of been dealt with.

Hopefully this other Dealer is more professional.

I will let you know how i get on.

Thanks

Gareth

·
Registered
149 Posts
2749.75rpm on mine Dave - I'd get your looked at if I were you ;) Seriously though, was it still fairly quiet at motorway speeds? Not had the opportunity to get past 45 in mine yet!

·
Registered
193 Posts
Was on the M1 set cruise to 70mph, engine sounded sweet, and still had some umpff under the pedal, but of course I soon took my foot off, as I wouldn't want to exceed the speed limit.
It held 70 even going up a long incline, just before I reached the top of the hill I did try to accelerate but felt no pull, but might expect that anyway.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Cool - thanks for that Dave. Not even tried cruise control as yet. No point at 45 mph!

Bodes well that it sat at 70 without too much fuss.

Looking at getting a towbar fitted next year as we have a trailer tent - I won't be doing more than 50 when towing so the cruise control will come in handy with that.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts