UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi car ( Dacia Duster 1.5 dci ) has been running fine for 3 years, has 60K miles on clock , after a 30 mile round trip and about 1/4 mile from home noticed that the amber electrical fault light cam on as well as the electronic stability control ( amber) . Got home ok but running rough with a pronounced diesel knock like running on 3 cylinders. When backing onto drive the amber exhaust gas monitoring system light came on running rough since but not driven car further. Had a frind plug it in for diagnostics and we had a fault code DF 025 preheating unit disgnostic connection, internal connection failure, lots of others came up as well, DF026, DF645, DF1033, DF653, DF1264. He cleared theses but DF 025 remained as a fault. The light stayed even after several restarts. Left the car for about 30 mins, started it, all warning lights went out and ran and drove perfectly for about 1/4 mile then all 3 lights came back on and was running with pronounced diesel knock as well. Sorry to have done this in first post but never had any trouble before, boy have we some now!
Hopefully someone might be able to offer us some advice.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Is ur car 85 or 110 PS? I guess it's Phase 2. U have done 60k miles (100k km). It's time to replace these parts! Your warning lights were CEL, Electrical & TC. I presume ur battery is good.

DF025: Pre Post heating unit fault. This is located on the engine side of the battery for older cars & on the cooling fan shroud for Ph2. Errors could also be due to out of range voltage when it should be on & in off state.
DF026: cyl 1 injector control circuit
DF653: cyl 1 fuel injector calibration
DF645: regulation position of air inlet flap
DF1264: water detected in fuel or sensor open circuit.

(The crank shaft sensor input is also used for fuel injector calibration).

When did u replace the diesel filter? Is it the new type located in the rt wheel arch w/ replaceable filter & water sensor or the disposable steel can w/ 3 pipe connections?

Buy diesel injector cleaner (ABRO 502, STP or Liqui Moly). If ur filter is the new type w/ replaceable element - replace the filter & pour the cleaner into it & fill w/ diesel). U need to replace the filter anyway. U can add the injector cleaner to the tank. Ideally fill up w/ diesel, but if ur tank is less than half full - pour it in & add 5L so that it gets mixed & is more concentrated.

Start & run the engine or go for a drive. Start immediately after the warning lights go out. Only the CEL will be left.

Let me know the result.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is ur car 85 or 110 PS? I guess it's Phase 2. U have done 60k miles (100k km). It's time to replace these parts! Your warning lights were CEL, Electrical & TC. I presume ur battery is good.

DF025: Pre Post heating unit fault. This is located on the engine side of the battery for older cars & on the cooling fan shroud for Ph2. Errors could also be due to out of range voltage when it should be on & in off state.
DF026: cyl 1 injector control circuit
DF653: cyl 1 fuel injector calibration
DF645: regulation position of air inlet flap
DF1264: water detected in fuel or sensor open circuit.

(The crank shaft sensor input is also used for fuel injector calibration).

When did u replace the diesel filter? Is it the new type located in the rt wheel arch w/ replaceable filter & water sensor or the disposable steel can w/ 3 pipe connections?

Buy diesel injector cleaner (ABRO 502, STP or Liqui Moly). If ur filter is the new type w/ replaceable element - replace the filter & pour the cleaner into it & fill w/ diesel). U need to replace the filter anyway. U can add the injector cleaner to the tank. Ideally fill up w/ diesel, but if ur tank is less than half full - pour it in & add 5L so that it gets mixed & is more concentrated.

Start & run the engine or go for a drive. Start immediately after the warning lights go out. Only the CEL will be left.

Let me know the result.

·
Registered
285 Posts
U need the diesel injector cleaner & filter change anyway. If there is significant water in the filter bowl the fuel tank may need to be cleaned (take mechanic's advice). Follow up w/ diesel additive (ABRO 508, Mannol 9930 or any other). I use one manufactured by Total France & repacked/ sold here. Remember that u have 3 more injectors & your pump on death row!

The glow plug pre/ post heating unit can be addressed later or it may be ok for the time being.

Get the EGR cleaned. Also Throttle body & MAF sensor.

I hope u changed the timing belt/ tensioner & alternator belt. Renault gives different guidelines @ different times & may be different countries! Here it was 6 yrs/ 120k km originally but has been reduced to 4 yrs/ 60k km. 60k km is a major service.

That should be enough for now. Drive & see.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Have you got any further with this? I'm having a very simliar issue.

Hi car ( Dacia Duster 1.5 dci ) has been running fine for 3 years, has 60K miles on clock , after a 30 mile round trip and about 1/4 mile from home noticed that the amber electrical fault light cam on as well as the electronic stability control ( amber) . Got home ok but running rough with a pronounced diesel knock like running on 3 cylinders. When backing onto drive the amber exhaust gas monitoring system light came on running rough since but not driven car further. Had a frind plug it in for diagnostics and we had a fault code DF 025 preheating unit disgnostic connection, internal connection failure, lots of others came up as well, DF026, DF645, DF1033, DF653, DF1264. He cleared theses but DF 025 remained as a fault. The light stayed even after several restarts. Left the car for about 30 mins, started it, all warning lights went out and ran and drove perfectly for about 1/4 mile then all 3 lights came back on and was running with pronounced diesel knock as well. Sorry to have done this in first post but never had any trouble before, boy have we some now!
Hopefully someone might be able to offer us some advice.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Have you got any further with this? I'm having a very simliar issue.
Hi sorry for long delay in replying have had a nasty illness and have not been able to look at car ( lucky have another car to use ) I have now been able to work on car and have put a new fuel filter on and some 2 stage heavy duty cleaner in the tank, left it running on tickover for about an hour no lights on dash and sounding good, right let’s take it up the road going really well for about 3 miles then suddenly 3 lights back on dash and running like on 3 cylinders and awfull diesel knock drove back but not in limp mode, started car in morning sounded great no misfire or diesel knock no lights on dash drove it again same 3 mile route as before no problem, gradually increased mileage all good and got the confidence to go further and further, have now put second stage of cleaner in tank and have done over 300 miles it’s the best it’s ever run🤞 So what do I get from this 🤔 modern diesels are very fussy electronic things compared to old diesels yes there more refined would I trust one over an old diesel no way, if I was doing a serious road trip abroad it would have to be old Skool for piece of mind I hope this helps some people with similar problems

·
Registered
285 Posts
Glad to hear that your engine is behaving itself. U could repeat the cleaner after 2k or 3k miles. Not necessary after that.

U have to be very careful about diesel quality & don't go to reserve. Regularly use a diesel additive. I recently bought a 1 Litre bottle of Mannol 9930 diesel Ester Additive. Dose is 1 ml/ L or 50 ml for your tank. The 1L bottle is cheaper & transparent. U can pour 50 or 100 ml into another small plastic bottle.

The ECU makes calibration changes to each injector as u drive taking input from the crank shaft sensor.

Battery voltage is important. The Continental injectors are pulsed at about 140 V. 'Out of range voltages' can set an Injector code.

Finally remember that if the problem is w/ the 'sensor', replacement is required. Sensor issues are more likely to show up during a longer journey @ higher speed.

Go through the other points I mentioned esp EGR cleaning (Don't believe any nonsense about EGR cleaner sprays. They have to be removed & cleaned).
👍

1 - 8 of 8 Posts