UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just had another look around my week old Duster. Found signs of rust at the bottom of the drivers door, the back of both front wings under the rubber trim, in the fuel filler area on the bolts......and the corners of the bonnet seams near the hinges. Also there appears to be some staining on the roof lining on the interior drivers side.

Posted Via The DaciaForum.co.uk App

Attachments

·
Registered
836 Posts
Just had another look around my week old Duster. Found signs of rust at the bottom of the drivers door, the back of both front wings under the rubber trim, in the fuel filler area on the bolts......and the corners of the bonnet seams near the hinges. Also there appears to be some staining on the roof lining on the interior drivers side.

Hi Andy7266 might be worth reposting in the rusty duster thread , the other areas you need to check is the list below which i found on mine .

Drivers door lack of paint so you can see the under coat .

Drivers door surround ,under rubber seal , rust on spot welds

Drivers door seal , rust on metal core of seal .

Drivers door lack of paint so you can see the under coat .

Rear offside door , child lock rust .

Rear offside door lack of paint so you can see the under coat .

Rear offside door seal surround , rust on spot welds

Rear offside door seal , rust on metal core of seal .

Offside sill weld , rust along edge of weld.

Tailgate aperture , offside roof weld , rust along edge of weld.

Tailgate , offside top corner , rust .

Tailgate nearside , offside top corner , rust .

Tailgate aperture , near side roof weld , rust along edge of weld.

Near side rear door , child lock rust .

Near side rear door seal surround , rust on spot welds

Near side rear door seal , rust on metal core of seal .

Near side rear door lack of paint so you can see the under coat .

Nearside sill weld , rust along edge of weld.

Passengers door lack of paint so you can see the under coat .

Passengers door surround ,under rubber seal , rust on spot welds

Passengers door seal , rust on metal core of seal .

Near side front wing in engine compartment , rust on edges .

Bonnet nearside , rust on nearside exposed edge of weld .

Bonnet offside rust on nearside exposed edge of weld

Bonnet area on bonnet around catch

Off side front wing in engine compartment , rust on edges .

Gutter under roof seal near side , rust

Gutter under roof seal offside , rust

others have report fuel filler and bolts in engine compartment

·
Registered
116 Posts
Reject it.

If it's rusting like that after a month-ish (including transport), and it doesn't look like rust from damage to the surface paint - that's rust from underneath, i.e. rust that's been painted over. Only way of getting rid of that is stripping off the paint back to bare metal and re-priming and spraying. Not something that's easily repairable. You also won't be able to find out what bits are affected until it starts blooming up through the rest of the bodywork in a years time.

Then there's the bits you *can't* see. With a week of ownership, jump ship well before it starts getting harder! Don't accept any bodge-fixes from your dealer, this is clearlyl a fundamental problem with the car you're not going to want to deal with...

I really like my Logan, but if it was like this I'd reject it. Good luck!

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Bang. How long did it take them to accept the rejected car. I can see a battle coming on. I havr written a rejection letter and intend taking the car in on Tuesday, leaving it there and not ever taking it home again. I see that it is more difficult if you have finance.....but if that is the case then I shall just pay the finance off in one hit. Would be interested in your experience so I can be ready for anything they throw at me. Cheers for your help.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Hey Andy, sorry you're another patient to the rust disease! It took me a week in the end surprisingly. U can use it believe me(per Dacia) and if you've finance she should back u up so copy them in on the rejection too. Your contract is with the dealer though and them that's it fault legally.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Get consumer sites, newspapers, free initial legal advice, CAB, TSA and even a doc letter if stress affecting your health!

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Get consumer sites, newspapers, free initial legal advice, CAB, TSA and even a doc letter if stress affecting your health!

Hi bang. Could you get in touch with me re rejecting your Duster. My email. [email protected] I would really appreciate some advice. Cheers. Andy

1 - 10 of 10 Posts