UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since reading about the rust issue with the Duster I've been keeping a meticulous eye on my Logan MCV. Today, it is with great disappointment that I produce to you, photos of the rust on my Logan MCV. My car has around 800 miles and has been garaged since ownership.

WP_20140611_003.jpg

View attachment 4887

View attachment 4888

Let this be a warning to all of us, the rust may not be limited to the Duster...

Attachments

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Terrible news, I feel your stress. I've been searching through mine too. Not looked there yet though.

Posted Via The DaciaForum.co.uk App

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Mine looks ok, but its very poorly painted, I think if mine goes ill sand it, kurust it, and dab on white hammerite.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Hi,I'm a worried Stepway owner,I think I'll lift that particular rubber trim that you have done Dizplay and I'm gonna do it tomorrow me thinks.........thank you (in a strange way) for sharing the photo with all of us on the forum.
Regards,CM.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mine looks ok, but its very poorly painted, I think if mine goes ill sand it, kurust it, and dab on white hammerite.

Best to take it back to the dealership whilst its under warranty. That's what I'll be doing anyway.

Hi,I'm a worried Stepway owner,I think I'll lift that particular rubber trim that you have done Dizplay and I'm gonna do it tomorrow me thinks.........thank you (in a strange way) for sharing the photo with all of us on the forum.
Regards,CM.
My advice to all is exactly that, be vigilant and keep communicating on the forum. That's exactly the reason I'm sharing this on here despite many other forum users giving each other assurance that only a handful of Dusters have had rust. Lets not give anyone false hope or leave it up to the sky pixies. Having said that, this looks to be a minor and contained rust issue on a single Logan MCV.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Am I right thinking the logan mcv is assembled in Morocco? If so the bodywork will undergo a long exposed journey by sea (salt) to the factory, less distance but similar conditions to that of the duster???

No idea. Wikipedia states the following for assembly:

Mioveni, Romania
Casablanca, Morocco (Somaca)
Bursa, Turkey (Oyak-Renault)
São José dos Pinhais, Brazil (Renault Brazil)

As far as which ones for the RHD UK models go I'm not sure, all I can say is one of the dealerships I visited told me it was built in India!

·
Registered
256 Posts
Am I right thinking the logan mcv is assembled in Morocco? If so the bodywork will undergo a long exposed journey by sea (salt) to the factory, less distance but similar conditions to that of the duster???
Is the Stepway definately and completely built/assembled in Romania Geraint???

·
Registered
256 Posts
Thanks for the reassurance Mr.G,it's appreciated,I'm glad that at least our stepways have been made and assembled in one factory,no dodgy overseas corrosive ship trips.........feel sorry for the Duster and now some Logan owners though,not good..........
I will still keep my eyes peeled after washing and polishing etc....

·
Registered
228 Posts
I'm sorry to see that dizplay.

This whole rust situation is terrible. How long before we get someone who has found rust on a Sandero/Stepway?

Geraint - My Sandero is due August/September, so will it be from Romania and not Morocco?
I'm so close to cancelling my Sandero now. I'm sure it will be a great car but I know I will be looking for rust all the time and I won't enjoy my first brand new car!!

Let us know how you get on dizplay.

·
Premium Member
2,815 Posts
im sorry to see that bit of surface rust on urs

but again all the models that come to uk ARE COMING BY SEA

rhd Duster comes from india

rhd others comes from Romania also by sea

NONE OF THE DACIA IN UK COMES FROM MAROCCO COS THEY DONT HAVE A RHD FACTORY LINE THERE

·
Premium Member
2,815 Posts
Hi Ant, are you sure the mcv RHD models are made in Romania, I'm sure I've read on here somewhere that they're made in Morocco? Tried searching for the post but I can't find it

yes im very sure

im the guy that forward the news to nick about the 10 percent of sandero (not logan not stepway) moving to marroco

it was in romania news from dacia statement

dacia factory in marroco produces for now just LHD lodgy, dokker, dokker van and they said sandero but only in lhd for now

there is no RHD LINE IN MARROCO (for now at least .....June 2014)

if there will be one probably yes probably no we dont know that yet

they also produce renault and nissan cars .....dont know the models of those thou

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
I've found something on the tailgate, its like a smooth lump with a few rough pin prick rough spots all clustered together. I couldn't see it in plain sight, first time washing it, when I was drying I felt it under the microfibre, not sure if its rust as the lump is solid, I think a rust spot is a bit more soft (is on the c Max) and it will move under the paint. I'm going to take it in if I get chance tomorrow, if not i'll at least ring them.

Sent from my Blade using DaciaForum.co.uk mobile app

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
this looks to be from under the paint, just the rough spot catching the microfibre cloth as one of them is pretty rough

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Sorry if they are a little blurry, my phones about 5 years old and technology is leaving me behind at an alarming rate.
Glad I finally figured out how to post pics :D

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Since reading about the rust issue with the Duster I've been keeping a meticulous eye on my Logan MCV. Today, it is with great disappointment that I produce to you, photos of the rust on my Logan MCV. My car has around 800 miles and has been garaged since ownership.

Let this be a warning to all of us, the rust may not be limited to the Duster...
Let us know what the dealer says. Do you think that is bodywork rust or rust from the metal strip that runs through the rubber seal?

·
Registered
407 Posts
this looks to be from under the paint, just the rough spot catching the microfibre cloth as one of them is pretty rough

It could be a bit of weld spatter that has not been removed prior to painting.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
I've found a few small bubbles near the wing on the bonnet now, and inside the boot offside near the hing has bubbles forming. I've gotta wait till the first fri July to have an thorough bodywork inspection. Then no doubt ill have to wait till they decide what their doing. The inside of the tailgate is odd, the n/s has a folded sealed edge like the doors, but the o/s is different, that's where the small bubbles are. Also its a bit thin on paint, certain bits look black underneath!

1 - 20 of 91 Posts