UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All, was looking under bonnet of my Sandero today, (only 6 days old) on the N/S piston which holds the bonnet up, rust on the chrome piston. Has anyone else got same problem.

·
amazing, just amazing!
2,926 Posts
Paul a light coating of oil on the piston should sort that.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Paul a light coating of oil on the piston should sort that.
Agree with Troute and just a suggestion but something I do with my motorbikes if I spot a bit of rust on the chrome of the stanchions (shiny bit of the front forks) is to steel a bit of green scotchbright from the kitchen (always winds my other half up) and give it a gentle rub to remove the rust and then give it a light coat of engine oil and its job done. 1 minute max ;)

·
Registered
268 Posts
Looks like the chrome has been chipped off.

Get the dealer to replace it/them - they are a standard off-the-shelf item so should be no delay.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Nasty rust, yeah as others have said back to the dealer. If it was just surface rust you could have easily sorted it in the way described in the posts above that those patches are beyond that.

The dealer should be good about it and it will only be a 2 minute job for them to swap it out. ;)

·
Registered
535 Posts
Yes it is, and it's been the same on some Dusters. QC appears to be hit and miss.
Yep, the Sandero a rust bucket also and QC made by poking the car with a stick, for one bonnet piston which the dealer should've noticed and replaced before delivery if the fault was there before and not chipped after the delivery.

·
Registered
5,411 Posts
It will be covered by the comprehensive warranty.
Drive the car to the dealer and show them....
No appointment should be needed, go at your convenience.
Explain what you've found and show him.
There should be absolutely no quibble from him.
Good luck with it....
Its what the warranty on all new cars is for...so use it.
Best wishes with it all
DM xx

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Looks like the chrome has been chipped off.

Get the dealer to replace it/them - they are a standard off-the-shelf item so should be no delay.
Deffo rust...back to the dealership!
Nasty rust, yeah as others have said back to the dealer. If it was just surface rust you could have easily sorted it in the way described in the posts above that those patches are beyond that.

The dealer should be good about it and it will only be a 2 minute job for them to swap it out. ;)
It will be covered by the comprehensive warranty.
Drive the car to the dealer and show them....
No appointment should be needed, go at your convenience.
Explain what you've found and show him.
There should be absolutely no quibble from him.
Good luck with it....
Its what the warranty on all new cars is for...so use it.
Best wishes with it all
DM xx
coverd under warranty, no issue, Dealer has not seen this before, not even on older renaults

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
It could be as simple as this particular part having been damaged or exposed to poor conditions in storage, it might take some time to show up.

As you say, not a big issue if it's been replaced.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Sorry but how can u find rust on the chromy part of the piston since it mostly stay closed so the pison its inside are u sure its not oil?
If you lift the bonnet, you can find rust on the CHROMY PART OF THE PISTON, how else would you see it ???

1 - 20 of 33 Posts