UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
bought 63 plate dacia duster from new from renault in swansea. what a shocking after care service. car is lovely, really good on fuel and a really lovely drive. but noticed rust appearing on inner sills weld joint and inside engine bay wing housing also screws around petrol cap and water seal strip along top of doors. Took the car back to renault swansea who were too busy to do anything as end of month figures were due and staff sickness had to be covered. asked to return following day which we did. Photos were taken and a promise given that the photos would be sent to head office and someone would contact us shortly. After a week no contact from renault so the showroom was visited again, only to be told to take the car to the local bassetts garage as they dealt with all the paintwork for renault. Another week passed with no feedback following the visit to bassett so called to Renault again only to be told that it was once again end of month and they were short of staff. they were also waiting for the email from bassetts but could not proceed without our reg and mileage even though we had not been asked for this previously. One week later and we are still waiting for some form of communication from renault!

·
Super Moderator
2,832 Posts
Remember your contract is with the garage you paid your money to, and they need to remedy the situation.

In my experience, calling Dacia Customer Services yourself can result in quicker attention from the garage, as can going into the service center, raising your voice and saying you will reject the car if nothing is done, and telling other customers that your new car is rusty.

·
Registered
5,411 Posts
pete.....pick up the phone and call customer services

they are Dacia ...and its them that decide what needs done...

it is the "warranty team" at Dacia that decide which work can be done under the warranty

if one dealer in the area is rubbish, they will recommend a new and better one to you.

the number is

0844 335 1111

don't assume the dealer will do this on your behalf

if you remain pleasant and calm and undestanding....they are superb....and will sort your problem out as soon as possible for you.

the dealings i've had with them...have been very good indeed.

good luck

DM x

·
Registered
324 Posts
Sadly you are not alone. There is a whole thread in the Duster Forum on rusty Dusters. Have a look in there, and don't let your dealer fob you off.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I too have a 63 plate duster,i have owned it for just 5 weeks,i have rust problems under the bonnet,where the wings are bolted on,both sides ,and all along the edges.There is actual corrosion under the rear number plate with numerous rust spots on the tailgate,rust along the edges above all the doors,and very small rust spots on the actual roof.I have taken it back to the main dealer,they have inspected it ,took photos and in the service managers own words" its riddled with rust" he offered to get the car into their body shop but could not guarantee that the rust would not return.He advised me to reject the car.Dacia cs rang me the day after they were very helpful,they were emailed photos of mycar by the dealer,in their opinion it was in an unacceptable condition for a car so new apologised and saw no reason not to reject the car.I rang trading standards the same day and was also advised to reject it,so my letters gone in to the main dealer,i really loved the car,the space the way it looks and drives,renualt would have blown the competition away with this car,if only it wasnt poorly constructed,and getting a bad reputation for rust.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Best bet anyone can do with these Dusters with rust is reject them. If it is rusting after just 5 weeks it will likely come back if it is remedied.

New cars should not be covered in surface rust, end off.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts