UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well it only took a year for rust to surface on the Stepway.

Not exactly a huge issue but I wonder what state these hinges will be in in say 5 or 6 years time :mellow:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,019 Posts

Not exactly a huge issue but I wonder what state these hinges will be in in say 5 or 6 years time :mellow:
I have just checked mine, in response to your post, no sign on mine after 18 months ! But I do use a squirt spray grease on all my locks and hinges every 6 months or so, always have !! ;)

·
Registered
224 Posts
That should have been greased at the last service, or its been washed away. In either case I would expect to see a little surface rust because without lubrication there's just bare metal sandwiched in the hinge. It gets wet it rusts.

Save a trip to the dealer and put some white spray grease on it, that's all they'd do.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts

hi there, when I bought mine it had yellow blobs of grease on these, I'm guessing with time or jet washing it will wash away though, like skip said it will rust in time, even if it was (I'm not saying it isn't) galvanised, with friction it'll fail eventually.
I'd still take it back like suggested though, If it hadn't been greased then it hasn't been prepared for delivery properly, I'd just be wary if they mention replacing the hinges, that could open up a new can of worms if it's not done with care.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts