UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well....after a months wait and a few emails to Dacia it seems they wont approve the repair on my rusty parts.

Im slighty disappointed by this but will give them serious credit as they are now sending an expert from Renault in to inspect it again.

Truth be told im hoping the inspector is not happy as i will probably be given a new car!

Ill keep you posted!

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Found rust on inside sections of bonnet. Also on alarm switch and under rubber seals above back doors.....

·
Premium Member
1,374 Posts
Found rust on inside sections of bonnet. Also on alarm switch and under rubber seals above back doors.....
Oh! What I don't understand is why you are just "slightly" disappointed.

They're sending an expert eh? I must apply for one of those jobs - I can tell the dfference between dirt and rust. Good luck!!

·
Registered
324 Posts
Are they refusing to repair it because they think it isn't rusty or because they think it is too rusty to repair?

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
They have not said but i would assume that they want to see the extent of it...im hoping they reject the car and give me a new one.

It obviously has rust! Its as clear as day!

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
When is rust not rust? Why cant your dealer just confirm to Dacia that its a rust problem' me thinks their trying to fob you off' what if this ''expert'' decides its red dust and not rust. If I was you I would inform trading standards

·
Registered
178 Posts
Don't know the history but how quickly was it reported to dealer and assume also have written comms with Dacia CS?

Also if so called expert is from Renault - don't know how impartial it will be - perhaps get your own independant report?

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yes lots of photos and i told the dealer 4 days from receipt of car.
Its not red dust cos dust you can clean off...

I dont feel im being fobbed off at all but if they do ill hit the f**king roof!!!!

·
Registered
95 Posts
you can reject the car, but you must reject the car with the dealer who you entered into contract with.

Have you informed honest john?

Its worth keeping him informed, he can put pressure on Renault who wont want him to make it a big news story.

The real issue is the poor skillmanship and training of the Indian Factory.

Dacia and Renault cant work out why its so bad, they need to look at the factory quality control and staff training.

There are many examples in the car industry of identical vehicles being produced in different factories.

Out of one factory the cars are well built and prove reliable, out of another they are plagued with build quality issues.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I had an order on a Duster, until the waiting time went back 2wice (fair play to the Renault dealer).

I then cancelled and the dealer refunded me the £100 as they went ahead with the order for another customer who was further down the waiting list.

I went back to the dealers today to look at a Logan in the flesh but still none available.

BTW,

don't get defensive about poorly built cars.

These cars are cheap, but that doesn't mean they should be badly built.

On the contrary, as these cars are more simple, there should be no excuses.

I love the idea of an access model, but if the Indian factory is building junk yard dusters for the UK market while the Romanian factory is building high quality Dusters for the European market, then that's unfair and not right.

Renault/Dacia need to be exposed.

Its the only way Renault have ever changed.

Remember the junk Renault produced from 2000 - 2008, the only reason they developed and got rid of a lot of the electrical and mechanical problems was from press exposure about how badly built and unreliable the meganes, lagunas, espaces, vel satis, etc where.

If we need to expose how Renault think more highly of its European customers than its UK customers, then so be it.

·
Events Committee Member
1,022 Posts
I had an order on a Duster, until the waiting time went back 2wice (fair play to the Renault dealer).

I then cancelled and the dealer refunded me the £100 as they went ahead with the order for another customer who was further down the waiting list.

I went back to the dealers today to look at a Logan in the flesh but still none available.

BTW,

I love the idea of an access model, but if the Indian factory is building junk yard dusters for the UK market while the Romanian factory is building high quality Dusters for the European market, then that's unfair and not right.

Remember the junk Renault produced from 2000 - 2008, the only reason they developed and got rid of a lot of the electrical and mechanical problems was from press exposure about how badly built and unreliable the meganes, lagunas, espaces, vel satis, etc where.

If we need to expose how Renault think more highly of its European customers than its UK customers, then so be it.

BTW,

Nobody is getting defensive about poorly built cars those owners with problems get nothing but support on the forum and those without are more than happy with their 'cheap and simple cars'

·
Registered
95 Posts
Again,

I am a fan of the return to basic motoring.

But I am not a fan of badly built Dusters coming out of the India factory, when the rest of Europe gets well built Dusters from the Romanian factory.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts